Just a thought

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 04:01 pm
Ok first of all I am by no means a "writer" in the way that I know the rules of writing poetry and such. My spelling is horrible and I may be anoying to some that are good at this art lol. but in any case I do like to write my thoughts down and share them with others. Is it talent? mm not likesly lol. but either way i do love poetry. So with that said here goes nothin.
----
"MEMORY"
Memory, a vehicle to travel back in time. Thoughts sown together forever etched in my mind. Good times and bad all a part of who I am. Like little chapters to my personal book that I can go back to, read and relax in the comfort of my soul. Learning from my every mistake. My heart, the librarian that keeps them safe. Cheers to memories the publisher of life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 653 • Replies: 3
No top replies

zach123

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:26 pm
its ok
Its good just try not use so many comparisons Very Happy Heart-library Memory=vehicle like little chapters but its pretty good
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:32 pm
It's not too bad! I would chnage the format though, cause right now it looks like a big blob. Keep writing though, and welcome to a2k!!
0 Replies

kendrajean32

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 05:37 am
I agree about the format.....but Great job. Not that i'm a poet or anything- because i'm not (i do have a few poems posted- check 'em out)....so maybe my ideas won't hold much againt those who do know what they are talking about. But, I do know what sounds good. When i read this poem outloud...i liked how it sounded. But visually, it does look like a blob- so maybe change the format. (need any help...let me know)

Now.....i do like the comparisons....i think they add. I esp. like the librarian one....thought it was powerful. The reason i like the symbols (comparisons) is that it allowed you to visualize the memory as a thing- something you could watch....like a large room- a library, filled with books of different shapes and sizes....some old and dusty, some new with clean crisp pages....as you vision the library, you can see how all your memories are placed....they are all there- its just a matter of finding them....your librarian, if on the ball, has an easy way to find each "book" and know just were to place a new one.....but not everyone has such a librarian...and therefore some of our "books" get lost in the shuffle of life.

Sorry- went a little far with that one.....it's simply that i enjoyed your use of symbols in relation to memory....a very tricky thing. I have trouble remembering certain things (and no its not age related...i'm way too young for that) while other memories are so clear that i can't believe so much time has lapsed. Apparently my "liberian" needs a replacement....Smile

Thank you for sharing your poem.....KEEP POSTING......and KEEP WRITING- you have a talent.
0 Replies