Firefox problem

lovejoy

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 03:26 am
I have been looking all over the internet for help with this problem I didn't have any luck with Mozilla/firefox site.

I installed firefox recently and it was a dream, fast, had all kinds of extras, great stuff, but for the last few days it is so slow it's like wading through treacle.

For example the front page takes twenty seconds to show and some websites are the same too (I'm on broadband by the way) and running windows 2000

I would welcome any advice, but I'm an old timer so please try and keep it simple.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 610 • Replies: 2
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:46 am
If you still have IE I suggest you run it and compare. Is it as slow to load? If so, it could be a virus or yuckware problem. All that this old timer can think of. Other than: I dock my 'puter at TrendMicro once a month where they groom out the newest yucky stuff.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 10:37 am
I recall reading that Firefox is slower to load the initial page than IE, but it is quicker loading pages once it's up and running. I have no anecdotal evidence to support this, but that's what the claim was. So I don't think it's a surprise that the first page takes a few extra seconds to load up.

As panzade suggested, try opening IE at the same time and compare page load speeds. The problem could be a "yuckware"/spyware problem on your computer, as panzade mentioned, or it could be the servers you are trying to connect to are just being slow, which would slow down page loads whichever browser you use.

Although I can't say with absolute certainty, I suspect the slow loading problem is not a Firefox issue.
0 Replies