New Release coming out: Wedding Date - w/Debra Messing

Reply Thu 13 Jan, 2005 01:49 pm
starring Debra Messing and Dermot Mulroney from "My Best Friend's Wedding" ...the guy who gets married to cameron diaz but is chased by julia roberts.

plot: Debra has to go to wedding. Sister says she needs a date. Brings Dermot. Falls in love even though he is just "hired" to pretend to be her date.

Isn't this a copycat of that movie with Jennifer Aniston and that blonde comedian?? right when i saw the preview, I made an ugly crinkle of the nose look.

(sorry for butchering names)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 810 • Replies: 3
No top replies

graffiti

Reply Fri 14 Jan, 2005 02:55 am
This also sounds like a ripoff of "The Wedding Planner."

It seems to me they are trying to see if Messing's television popularity will translate into a feature film by using a vehicle most similar to those successfully worked (over and over) by Julia Roberts.

I imagine it will open big and then fizzle.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 08:30 pm
yeah. there have been tons of previews for it, but i can't imagine people are rushing out to see "messing and ...what's his name again?" i will say i find him stunning to look at Wink ...just hasn't been in enough films to have everyone recognize his name. I had to look it up.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2005 11:37 am
I love Dermot Mulroney. I know it's not good for his career, but the best thing about him is that he gives great performances in smaller roles. Hence no one learns his name.

The previews for Wedding Date look funny. It should do fine as a date movie. It was probably fairly low budget, so hopefully they'll make their $$ back on it.
0 Replies