How was it for you?..... The first time I mean.

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:39 am
Did the earth move, ground shake, bells ring? What can I expect as I approach the BIG four digits? Life hardly prepares you for such a memorable occasion. A singing telegram, perhaps a personal visit from the man himself. Do I have to hire a tuxedo? So many questions, so little time.

How did y'all celebrate this grand occasion?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,561 • Replies: 114
No top replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 06:50 am
Are we taking about sex?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:44 am
I sure hope so. Fess up Tryagain, and we will too. Smile
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:53 am
Sorry, but I can't help you there..... yet.

That is if you are talking about what I think you are talking about. :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:53 am
all I know is if you're approaching four digits you're well past your first time....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 08:54 am
Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:08 am
he is talking about his number of posts...

you know.. becoming the SEASONED MEMBER!

so what seasonings would YOU like tryagain?
Most of the good seasonings are taken. hehehe
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:26 am
Always the consummate riddler, that Tryagain. Wink I suggest a bit of sage for wisdom, thyme for hope, and a little cayenne pepper to keep you on your toes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:31 am
When I reached the thousand-post plateau, I marked the occasion by submitting all of my posts in haiku-form for the rest of the week. I am confident that everyone on A2K enjoyed that immensely, and nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise.

Reaching one thousand,
Tryagain, like Lawrey's Salt,
Soon will be "seasoned."
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:54 am
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 09:59 am
Can you repeat that one tryagain???
Maybe 14 times or so?
I like to watch as people reach the -big one-. Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:31 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Can you repeat that one tryagain???
Maybe 14 times or so?
I like to watch as people reach the -big one-. Laughing

" - want to audition?"

I long for the call up. Just tell me when to come! Razz

13 and its going down. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 10:38 am
We have a tradition here on A2K. Whenever someone reaches their 1,000th post, they get to slap Slappy. Or was it kick Kicky? Goose Gus? I can't remember. Go ahead and slap them all.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 12:01 pm
Eva, I am sorry that due to my dyslexia, I am not in a position to accept your kind invitation to slap the goose - what with the audition and all.

However, may I thank you for your consideration and please be advised that; Giudecca is only a short gondola ride from San Marco, and in the 18th century was Venice's "garden of delights". I will wait.

On the stroke of 12
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:19 pm
I can slap anyone I want, except that damned wabbit. Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 02:46 pm
Thassright.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:16 pm
I pay homage in the presence of the blessed five digit practitioners.

Nevertheless, what are you doing about the sorry plight of: Macrotis lagotis, not to mention Bettongia lesueur? Eh!

"The rabbit is one of the greatest pests of the pastoral industry in Australia, and has fundamentally altered ecosystems" (Wilson et al,10). Shocked

In good seasons, there may have been one billion rabbits. As 16 rabbits eat as much as one sheep (Short,1985), this is equivalent to approximately 60 million sheep. Rolling Eyes

By directly competing for food and habitat the rabbit has displaced many small to medium size marsupials such as the greater Bilby, Macrotis lagotis (now an endangered species), and the burrowing Bettong Bettongia lesueur, (now extinct on the mainland) Crying or Very sad . The disappearance of these marsupials is reputed to have occurred only after areas were invaded by rabbits. (Willson et al 10,1992)

Legs 11 and counting.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:20 pm
-sits back and cringes... hoping not to feel the wabbits wrath-
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:40 pm
And he spoke to them many things in parables, saying, Behold, the sower went forth to sow; and as he sowed, some [seeds] fell by the way side, and the birds came and devoured them: and others fell upon the rocky places, where they had not much earth: and straightway they sprang up, because they had no deepness of earth: and when the sun was risen, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away. And others fell upon the thorns; and the thorns grew up and choked them: and others fell upon the good ground, and yielded fruit, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. He that hath ears, let him hear. (10 is the number, the number is ten).
Matthew 13:3-9

Our hearts (attitude) determines our response to the truth. :wink:
Ta 10
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 03:42 pm
Calicivirus killed a lot of the rabbits off. There not really a huge problem for the time being. Only the really scary meat eating ones from down south survived.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How was it for you?..... The first time I mean.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/12/2024 at 03:32:33