The Pitts Call it Quits

eoe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:54 pm
I must confess, I was a little disappointed to hear that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston have split after 4 1/2 years of marriage. Especially after outwardly denying to the press for months, even after she was spotted ringless, that there was trouble. To split up after all... Too bad they didn't just keep quiet until it was all said and done.
I was rooting for them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,919 • Replies: 23
No top replies

superjuly

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 02:57 pm
Shocked

Did they?
For real?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2005 03:02 pm
Yep. it was even on the CNN tickertape earlier today. Big news! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 05:31 pm
So which one will end up in the arms of George Clooney ?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:05 pm
I say the odds are 20:1 on Jennifer's favor.

I thought they would last, they were what kept my faith on hollywood couples.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
Sweet! I was wondering how long it would take until this one ended. He's the stud of hollywood, for chrissakes! He can't be held back by a monogamous marriage! He's got hot actresses to bang! And I have a life to lead vicariously through him! Go Brad, go!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 11:46 pm
4 1/2 years is not too long, but I guess living in a fishbowl
takes its toll. Brad Pitt might be pleasant to the eye,
but he's no mental challenge, and without a script he's
downright lost.

What is a woman going to do with a pretty boy like that?
She can't survive on 24/7 sex either, there should be more
to a relationship.

eoe, going public with the split is probably a publicity stunt because neither has had a box office hit in quite a while.
Now at least they're headlines again.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:01 pm
What a difference a year makes, huh?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 04:06 pm
I think Mr Pitt and Ms Jolie are a great looking couple and now with baby on the way! good luck to them.
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 01:07 pm
I was sad to hear about the break-up, but Jolie and Pitt do make an interesting couple and if they're happy that's good. Did you hear the latest report that Jolie filed for her children to have Pitt's last name? so now their names are Jolie-Pitt.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 02:02 pm
Why don't they marry? Having a child and changing her children's names and all seem so cart-before-the-horse-like to me. What happens if they split next month or next year? Then the children go through the whole namechange thing again? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 02:24 pm
Cant say I blame him ... I mean, its Angelina Jolie for god's sake
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 02:59 pm
So marry her.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 03:04 pm
And of course, Jolie is her stage name/middle name, unless she's had it changed too.

I don't think they need to be married, but changing her kids' names seems like an odd move if they're not getting married.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 03:13 pm
Oh yeah. Her last name is Voight, isn't it? At least, it was.
But that's what I'm saying mac11. When kids are involved, there's is a question of stability.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 10:44 am
Interesting...I was just reading Tony Franciosa's obit (he died yesterday). His birth name was Tony Papaleo. He was married and had two sons and it started me wondering about entertainers who change their names and which name does the children carry? His wife's name was Nina. Was she Nina Franciosa or Nina Papaleo?

Martin Sheen has two sons. One carries his birth name, Estevez, the other his stage name, Sheen.

Do entertainers legally change their names when they take on a new one?

No question really. Just a thought...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 03:39 pm
I wouldnt think they would.

I dont care how secure the phone companies and other places like that claim to be, if you are registered as ' Madonna' .. people are going to get that number.

I think, and it may only make sense to me but..
in order to live some what private lives, most stars probally have a -fake name to register the homes, cars, bank accounts, phone numbers, cable bills and other things under.
Not even thier birth name is sacred ... just as national enquiror.. HA!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 03:51 pm
Speaking of the national enquirer, in the grocery store yesterday, one of the rags had blazed across it's cover "What Angelina is NOT telling Brad about their baby!" Now, they announced only one week ago that she was pregnant and immediately, crazy headlines like this have started to appear. One reason, I'm sure, why they stayed mum until she couldn't hide it any longer. Can you imagine? Living in such a fishbowl?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 04:01 pm
eoe wrote:
Interesting...I was just reading Tony Franciosa's obit (he died yesterday). His wife's name was Nina. Was she Nina Franciosa or Nina Papaleo?...

Her name was Rita, not Nina.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 21 Jan, 2006 04:15 pm
I wouldnt WANT to imagine living the kinds of lives they do.

just thinking about what it would be like , to look up at the grocery store and see MY face plastered on the cover of star magazine with some headline like " Melissa cheats on George Clooney with Robert Downy JR and he refuses to pay for abortion .Law suit to begin"

Shocked
0 Replies