Apolos f'nother 'stake

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 01:48 pm
Let 't' Ed, the Excellent Victorville, Ca Daily Press and its Ed-'n'ch' Steve Hunt

https://able2know.org/topic/425963-1

Steve, when a2k [ [email protected] ] complained that they didn't want to use any OP's that sounded like they were Letters to the Editor [They have a list of rules, only a page long, but there must be 442 of 'em altogether when you 'clude the sub-rules that come n'nuther pkg], I began fwd'in' mine with changes to the text that made 'em Look Less Like a Letter. But then I 'mem'b'd you [Steve] having asked me to ID it as originally having been submitted to the DP. So now I'm violatin' ur rule, Steve, and Im wonderin' if it's okay; but 'n'ny case, sorry fella

Oh, but things have changed here since. One'v the rules was, I wasn't s'posed to abbr so much, & use better punct !! but since then a2k's Mgmt eased up so they haven't deleted one for a long time [Thanks guys !!]

S'like w/ WordSmith, likewise, they tol' me a year ago I shun't overload their Inbox w/ whol'lotta msg havin' nothin' to do w/ words, then I w'zatta loss !! Din't know whatt'a do !! Yet lately they take 'em all, no 'plaints't'all !! So WS, I guess it's okay now. But I'll be sure they all haf]vta do w/ords, nuthin' else !!

All the Rules, so many'v 'em everywhere, allatime, at 87 (Sat], jus' can't 'mem'm all !!

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
Home'v all'em Appleheads]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,428 • Replies: 5
No top replies

nimh

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 08:03 pm
@dalehileman,
Who the hell is Steve, and why are you posting letters to this Steve on Able2Know?

Also, I don't know what WordSmith is, but my guess is that they just stopped reading any email from you, and that's why you're no longer getting complaints from them.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 08:54 pm
@nimh,
Steve apparently is involved with a local newspaper that Dale has written for.

I have a lot to say about Dale, but most of it will sound mean.

Why do I read him, good question. I do because he persists.
He has claimed for a lot of years to have alzheimers, and while he is certainly goofy, he's bright enough over all the years he claims it.. This annoys me, as I come from a long line Alzheimer's family.

He likes to play cutting down words so to cut down key strokes, and this is the source of a lot of his babble.
He can write reasonably well if he wants to.

Unless you are intrigued, nimh, pass on through.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:16 pm
@nimh,
Quote:
...don't know what WordSmith is...

It's a website which offers up things such as 'word of the day' and some anagram stuff along with an almost lifeless forum.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:29 am
@nimh,
Quote:
Who the hell is Steve
Steve Hunt, Ed-in Ch'f of Victorvile, Ca Daily Press

Quote:
why are you posting letters to this Steve
Some a2k'ers might find my Letters to the Editor of great interest, tho apparently not many

Quote:
WordSmith .... just stopped reading any email from you
Could well be, Nim
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:42 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
but most of it will sound mean.
S'okay Oss, I'm purty numb now, after some 12 years' raggin' from the a2k TAT

Quote:
Why do I read him
I keep askin' everybody 'bout that

Quote:
He has claimed ...to have alzheimers
I've wondered now for years whether it oughta be capped

Quote:
while he is certainly goofy
Alas Oss, yo've got me in stitches, I'll be chucklin' for days

Quote:
he's bright enough over all the years he claims it..
Why, thank hyou Oss. However, recent studies show one's vocab's the last thing to go

Quote:
This annoys me
My most sincere apolos

Quote:
....cutting down words... this is the source of a lot of his babble
Indeed Buco, 'gree, and you might note a recent OP where I 'polo'd for so doin', promisin' to cut down on that sorta stuff

Quote:
He can write reasonably well if he wants to
Why thanks Temp, 'mflat'rd, 'n' tanks for all the attn !!
0 Replies