Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2017 09:17 pm
C'mon fellas [& gals ?], here at a2k we have some of the best thinkers in the Universe. So why ain't nobody addressed what seems to me an obvious q: If anything that can happen will happen, and if it's All existed forever, then every single thing happenin' this instant has already happened b4 an infinite number of times

It jumps outcha, so apparent, so obvious, why nobody here addresses it !! ?? The only alternative I can imagine, is that if the Christians if not the Muslims have some sorta God, that happens outa nowhere at some arbitrary instant of Infinity, then creates Everything, in an instant, according to just a whole lot of entirely arbitrary decisions....

...then tells us everyday what to do or not...turns off rain, earthquakes, eruptions at the drop'va hat== or whatever She wears...

The final supposition of course is an infinite number of Universes, each infinitesimally different, occurring simultaneously, like everything this instant except that in one of my hair roots one atom is displaced by that iota, whaddya call it, under which no diff is possible

Trouble with the last is that it's so complicated, according to the generally accepted principle that the less evidence for something, and the more complex, the greater the likelihood it's impossible Solike to hear from ya, fellas [and gals ?]

Oh Software Genesis, almost equally impossible to imagine you can't fix 'Solike' as two words, ,'So, and 'like,' meanin' 'lemme 'splain.' You jus' gotta fix that typo in ur Hirin' Guide....

Am I alone, or it is entirely owing to the effect of of FOCUS factor
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,135 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 12:39 am
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

C'mon fellas [& gals ?], here at a2k we have some of the best thinkers in the Universe. So why ain't nobody addressed what seems to me an obvious q: If anything that can happen will happen, and if it's All existed forever, then every single thing happenin' this instant has already happened b4 an infinite number of times

It jumps outcha, so apparent, so obvious, why nobody here addresses it !! ?? The only alternative I can imagine, is that if the Christians if not the Muslims have some sorta God, that happens outa nowhere at some arbitrary instant of Infinity, then creates Everything, in an instant, according to just a whole lot of entirely arbitrary decisions....

...then tells us everyday what to do or not...turns off rain, earthquakes, eruptions at the drop'va hat== or whatever She wears...

The final supposition of course is an infinite number of Universes, each infinitesimally different, occurring simultaneously, like everything this instant except that in one of my hair roots one atom is displaced by that iota, whaddya call it, under which no diff is possible

Trouble with the last is that it's so complicated, according to the generally accepted principle that the less evidence for something, and the more complex, the greater the likelihood it's impossible Solike to hear from ya, fellas [and gals ?]

Oh Software Genesis, almost equally impossible to imagine you can't fix 'Solike' as two words, ,'So, and 'like,' meanin' 'lemme 'splain.' You jus' gotta fix that typo in ur Hirin' Guide....

Am I alone, or it is entirely owing to the effect of of FOCUS factor

Well first of all you are dipping into the problem of infinity which by most cases is just a theoretical concept that only helps solve certain math issues. When it comes to reality, infinity breaks many things.

I am personally not a fan of the multi-universe hypothesis. I am also not a fan of infinite potentiality of reality. But why?

There is not an infinite number of possible choices. Its limited. Sure for example you can have many choices for what to eat for dinner but you don't have the choice to not eat and expect to keep living, at least not for very long anyways.

So let's use parent choice. They get together or they don't. Here is where I can introduce philosophy. What if you change the day your parents conceive a child, does it cease being you if you change that day? What I am implying here is that for you to exist, it must be that specific sperm cell and egg. Change that sperm cell to a different one and you as you know you would be different. Just look at your siblings. Just look at fraternal twins, they are almost always different.

My over all point is you can't change anything, not even one atom change without drastically changing everything. This is a failure of not knowing the actual consequences of minute changes.

So there are only two possibilities. Either reality repeats over and over exactly the same every time. Or it only happens once one way and never is even remotely the same if it occurs again. Anything in between is a failure of understanding the impact subtle changes have over time. (They become drastic.)
dalehileman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 01:36 pm
@Krumple,
Thanks Krump for respondi ng to sumpthin' wildly theoretical

Quote:
infinity ... just a theoretical concept...
True indeed. Probably there's a third possibility we can't even yet imagine

Quote:
When it comes to reality, infinity breaks many things.
That statement, Krum, a bit difficult to address 'cause don't 'stand it

Quote:
I am personally not a fan of the multi-universe hypothesis.
Me nuther, if anything's impossible this is among the tops, like I said

Quote:
There is not an infinite number of possible choices.
I'd'gree here too, but mebbe not for the same reasons. Things can change by only an iota
dalehileman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 01:54 pm
@Krumple,
Thanks Krump for respondi ng to sumpthin' wildly theoretical

Quote:
infinity ... just a theoretical concept...
True indeed. Probably there's a third possibility we can't even yet imagine

Quote:
When it comes to reality, infinity breaks many things.
That statement, Krum, a bit difficult to address 'cause don't 'stand it

Quote:
I am personally not a fan of the multi-universe hypothesis.
Me nuther, if anything's impossible this is among the tops, like I said

Quote:
There is not an infinite number of possible choices.
I'd'gree here too, but mebbe not for the same reasons. Things can change by only an iota [quantum ?] Thus, given an infinite time, one day we might have this very moment but different by only a quantum of molecule [whatever that means] in the root of one of your hairs

Quote:
The final supposition ... an infinite number of Universes,...simultaneously,
the one neither of s likes atall; but I still can't call that'n 'final. 'cause we still hafta consider my proop concerning infinity. We hafta

Quote:
... the day your parents conceive ... cease being you if you change that day?
Oh absolutely, positively. Even if Dad sneezes while f'in'

Quote:
can't change anything.. ..without drastically changing everything
'Cisely, Ump !!

Quote:
So there are only two possibilities.
Still say 3--or mebb'v'n 4

Quote:
Either reality repeats over and over exactly the same every time
This'n kinda leaves me mwonderin', Rum, when you say 'every time, 'zackly whatcha mean. If you mean 'after each Big Bang, well mebbe, but I doubt it. Severely. Very much. Altogether

Quote:
Or it only happens once one way and never is even remotely the same if it occurs again
Sorry Krum but this'n's's' got me in the dark also, there bein' 42 different ways you can interpret it. Not your fault, you know zakly whatcha mean, it's j's'th' I'm 87 and a bit of Alzie's

Mebbe somebody else'll come up w/ that 3d'n....or 4th'n !!

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 8 Nov, 2017 01:57 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh hey Krump, my most sincerest apolos for all the typos, but all them old gals sitin' 'round that big, round white table, laughin' their heads off 'cauxse last night they changed things so now you can't edit atall no matter what
0 Replies