I'm trying to lose wieght...HELP!!!

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 11:17 pm
I am only 13 (almost 14) and I weigh 150lbs Embarrassed Any suggestions...anyone going through the same thing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 07:37 am
m_u_t--

Welcome to A2K.

We have an ongoing weight loss support group here which you're welcome to join.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5813&start=1580

You say you weigh 150 pounds. How tall are you?

I lost 40 pounds last year an plan to lose the last 15 before summer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 08:09 am
Drink lots of water, get lots of calcium, exercise and watch your portions. You are still a growing girl so don't go on a crash diet (you sound as though you know better but just wanted to mention it).

Watching your portions is the best way to "count calories". Weight Watchers is a great example of this. Yeah, you won't lose 50 lbs in two weeks but you will lose it in a way that is healthy. Also include plenty of calcium in your diet. Yogurt, milk, cottage cheese....low fat options of course. Calcium has been shown to increase weight loss and as a young woman, you need that extra calcium anyway.

Also, exercise exercise exercise. Walking is great. Yoga, pilates, step aerobics....whatever your fancy. Just get moving.

And #1, talk to your doctor about your concerns. You are still a young woman and there may be some concerns about dieting. Your doctor can recommend a good nutritionist for you and give you the go ahead on an exercise program.

Good luck and congratulations on wanting to be a healthier you! Very Happy
0 Replies

mixin up trouble

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 02:05 pm
Thanks guys!!! (oh and i am 5 and a half feet)
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 03:15 pm
Weight Watchers has a solid program. I don't go to the meetings, but I use the books to determine the point value of foods. I am also 5'6" and was having trouble losing weight that I gained during an illness that kept me bedridden for several years. My metabolism dropped dramatically and I couldn't walk to the mailbox, let alone do any exercise. What I liked about WW is that you can choose your own foods and if you team up with a pal, you can come up with innovative ideas on trimming calories from your daily intake. For instance, "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" makes a calorie/fat free butter spray that I like quite a bit. An eight ounce baked potato only has three points and you can douse it with the fake butter and really get filled up. I'm going to look into the weight support group that one other poster mentioned and see what that's all about. I lost 35 pounds on WW and have more energy and look a lot younger than I did before the illness and weight gain. Good luck with your weight program. You are lucky that you are so young, believe me it's better to get in shape now than wait 20 years.
0 Replies