28 Dead in Texas Church Shooting

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 04:28 pm
US: 'Most mass shootings not committed by mentally ill'
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/11/mass-shootings-committed-mentally-ill-171111162521074.html
ehBeth

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2017 04:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
yup - that's pretty much what the rest of the world understands

good article with good backing links
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 06:27 pm
Latest is in California
http://abc13.com/what-we-know-about-the-red-bluff-shootings/2647963/?sf170007624=1
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 07:07 pm
@Ragman,
You met? be still my heart, not kidding <grins>.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 07:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
These terrible events are happening so quickly it’s soul numbing and before you even can digest what has happened another shooting is reported and you learn that many more people have been murdered at another location. It’s outrageous and incredibly sad.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 07:40 pm
@glitterbag,
All of the arguments possible have been made, by better minds than mine, and yet nothing gives way to good sense.
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 07:43 pm
@glitterbag,
true, glitter.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 08:30 pm
4 dead after California shooting; gunman tried to enter school
glitterbag

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2017 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I wonder if anyone out there still thinks this is what the Founders meant by “the right to bear arms”?
oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 05:21 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
All of the arguments possible have been made, by better minds than mine, and yet nothing gives way to good sense.

America will never give in to fascism, even when fascism is described as common sense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 05:22 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I wonder if anyone out there still thinks this is what the Founders meant by “the right to bear arms”?

If you mean murder, no one has ever thought that. That is why no one protests laws against murder as being unconstitutional.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 05:27 am
@glitterbag,
They no longer care who or how many gets wantonly murdered. Guns are the ultimate toy in their juvenile lives.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2017 07:23 am
Quote:
A man accidentally shot himself and his wife during a discussion on gun safety at a Tennessee church, police say.

The 81-year-old took out his pistol to show another parishioner amid a talk about recent shootings at places of worship.

Forgetting the weapon was loaded, he fired a single round, striking himself in the hand and his 80-year-old wife, who was sitting in her wheelchair.

Both suffered non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

The incident happened on Thursday afternoon as a Bible-study group met for a pre-Thanksgiving lunch at the First United Methodist Church in the town of Tellico Plains.

A parishioner who only wished to give her first name, Mistin, told the BBC that the congregants had been talking about a Texas church massacre earlier this month.

"The discussion of guns in churches came up," she said. "Should we have guns in churches, if people carry guns should they bring them to church?"

She said one of the parishioners mentioned that he carries his pistol with him everywhere.

The man produced the handgun from his pocket, removed the magazine, and handed it to other churchgoers to inspect.

He then took his weapon back, restored the magazine, holstered the weapon and put it back in his pocket, Mistin said.

Another parishioner later asked to see the weapon.

The man produced the gun and accidentally pulled the trigger.

"They heard a big explosion," said Mistin. "Wasn't sure what it was, and Miss Nicole looked at Miss Catherine, and Miss Catherine looked at her and she said, 'I've been shot.'"

The bullet hit the gun-owner in the right hand before piercing his wife's abdomen and exiting through her right forearm, ricocheting off the wall and landing by her wheelchair, according to police.

Mistin said the man may have lost his thumb.

His wife is in surgery, but is expected to survive.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42032637
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 01:14:23