Movies of Yesterday

stuh505

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 12:12 pm
1. Closer

Not so much as a movie as a documentary of people's relationships. Seems to be a direct ripoff of a previous short film like this (streets of new york?) or something like that.

That said, it was interesting...the relationships seemed to ring true at least to me.

story: 2
directing: 6
acting: 6
emotional level: 6

2. The Aviator

The format is a lot like the People vs. Larry Flint...we start at the beginning of Hugh's career, see him build his empire from nothing, go crazy, and successfully defend himself in court against the government at impossible odds. The acting was actally pretty good. I'm very curious how historically accurate it all is, I havent looked into that yet...but its a fun film, albeit long (3 hours i think).

story: 7
directing: 5
acting: 6
emotional level: 6

3. National Treasure

Obviously inspired by the hugely popular DaVinci Code which I loved...however, obviously for a much younger audience. I would say it wsa geared for younger teenagers. A bit cheesy....but it was still fun to watch.

story: 3
directing: 4
acting: 3
emotional level: 4

4. Amelie

well I didn't see it in the theatre and I've seen it before but I might as well review it because I saw it.

Very unique film, this one has been the source of inspiration of other artists and commercials and that alone says something. watching this movie makes me want to live life.

story: 9
directing: 10
acting: 10
emotional level: 9
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 612 • Replies: 1
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 03:37 pm
Have only seen Amelie - loved it! Very Happy