a ghost story..

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 11:06 am
There was a skeleton sitting in the chair opposite to me.Its bony and long fingers were stretching over the arm of the chair, as though to beat a tattoo.Its baleful, dark, and hollow eyes were staring at me.There was a cocky grin in his jaw, as it was feeding in my discomfort.

There was the skeleton, sitting in my home, my place, and my time.I sat in the chair, transfixed in it.I tried to say some words, but I couldn't make them out of mouth.Ludicrously, my mom voice entered my mind saying, " it's rude to stare at others", and she slapped me across the ear.How can someone be rude to a skeleton ?!.What are the rules of engagement here?.It was sitting there, unmoving and impassive.Its eyes were having a complete gripping of mine.Beyond the sockets, there was an utter darkness, and something ethereal moving in a swirling way, though the skeleton remained as it was there.

As it stared, there was an unknown power coming towards me.A physical one; it hit me and flattened me against the chair that I couldn't move.Also a mental power that flayed my skin, and scoured my thoughts.I saw flashing moments coming by fast.Deep from my past, at school bullied by other students, and crying on the stairs.At my first angst of love, then loss.My heart was racing, and I felt a band of ice constricted my bow, a glassy tourquet against my flush of panic and sweltering body...

http://www.asstr.org/~harrietsplace/DanseMacabre.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 410 • Replies: 0
No top replies