Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:15 am
Hello, pain.
Searing pain.
Burning, throbbing, stabbing pain.
You woke me up this morning,
And you'll put me to bed tonight.
Why can't you just go away for once?
Please, pain.
Put a pause in the deafening screams tonight.
Why won't you leave me alone?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,238 • Replies: 19
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:42 am
Get some help, or maybe Tylenol will be enough.

If not, consider suicide.
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 11:02 am
emotional agony is part of life...don't consider yourself unlucky for having it, we ALL have it, some have it a little worse and some suck it up a little better.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:04 pm
The forum title is "original writing".

I don't think that the original poster is suffering from "emotional agony" (whatever that is). I suspect he or she was either (1) given a writing assignment or (2) fancies him or herself as a writer. Certain internal evidence suggests a fairly young, possibly adolescent person. (They always feel 'emotional agonies' more, or at least they think they do).

Here's my effort:-

What It's Like To Be A Bed-Soiler

Hello, crap.
Brown crap.
Smelly, stinky, sticky crap.
You woke me this morning
And you'll soil my sheet tonight.
Why can't you stay inside me for once?
Please, crap.
Put a pause in the overpowering smell tonight.
Why won't you leave me alone?
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:19 pm
contrex wrote:
The forum title is "original writing".

I don't think that the original poster is suffering from "emotional agony" (whatever that is). I suspect he or she was either (1) given a writing assignment or (2) fancies him or herself as a writer. Certain internal evidence suggests a fairly young, possibly adolescent person. (They always feel 'emotional agonies' more, or at least they think they do).

You're right, this forum is "ORIGINAL WRITING". Maybe you ought to look up what that in fact means. It doesn't matter what you think the poster is, and it doens't matter if you like or dislike what this person has wriitten. This poem is a good release of energy. And who cares if the writer is an adolescent, that is not the point of this forum.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:04 pm
True dat.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:40 pm
[quote="stand up for pessimismIt doesn't matter what you think the poster is, and it doens't matter if you like or dislike what this person has wriitten. [/quote]

But it matters a lot to me. My thoughts, feelings and opinions matter to me as much as yours matter to you.

Anyway, somebody who quotes JFK cannot teach me anything.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 03:04 pm
I wouldn't attempt to teach you anything!! Perhaps you agree with conformity.........ohwell, suit yourself, but if you came on a2k to criticize people, I assure you, you won't last long!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 03:32 pm
How about you post some of your own work for open critique, contrex? It would only be fair.
0 Replies

Rainbow Leprechauns

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:01 pm
... XD

I like this! Criticize me horribly! XD

But, yeah, I happen to be young. 15, to be exact. And I'm not actually in emotional agony. I'm quite happy. This was just an idea I had when I was writing a buncha junk last night.

No, im an emotional wreck, oh woe is me, mom won't let me stay up past bedtime! *hangs self*

Anywho. Let that guy have his opinion. That parody poem made me giggle.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
Well, if you find the humour in it I guess I might aswell.........although really, I don't find it funny at all. And I think it was more of an adolescent behavior to rewrite your poem about bowel movements....seems rather immature.
0 Replies

Rainbow Leprechauns

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:48 pm
ah well. Anything that makes me giggle is fine by me, though. Thanks for sorta kinda standing up for me, though I know it was mostly just that people shouldn't be so rude as that Kotex person or whatever.. lmao XD
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 04:10 am
OK, I re-read what I had written, and I suppose I could have been more constructive in my criticism. My main problem was that the emotional agony being described seemed more like eg toothache or a hangover. The writing itself seemed pretty good.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:13 am
Oh, contrex.
Do I sense a major guilt trip here?
0 Replies

Rainbow Leprechauns

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:10 pm
oh, psh, it doesnt matter.

But yea, it sounds more like physical pain than emotional pain, but thats because I was talking to a friend of mine when I came up with this idea, he explained that things had gotten so bad for him that the pain felt physical now. Poor boy needs a girlfriend (joking) anywho, it doesnt matter, just laugh at it and go to disney land. Ok? Ok. =)
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:14 am
But the world needs both fanciful poets and sarcastic critics; they balance each other. And, see, I was right about the adolescent origin of the emotional agony - it turns out to be nothing more serious than a case of blue balls!

I confess I do take your point about emotional pain becoming physical. Many years ago I had a traumatic situation to deal with involving a loved one's mental illness and then her death; I felt a real sudden pain in my guts every time I thought about the situation, or her, or the hospital. Kind of like the griping pain of an upset stomach or after too much unripe fruit.
0 Replies

Rainbow Leprechauns

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 04:59 am
Well, using youth as an insult is stupid, plenty of older people are... well, kind of stupid and whiney, and worse than a lot of younger people.

Anywho, I don't care. I liked that parody poem, after all.
Needs no explaination. It's all good.

Sorry to hear about your loss though =(
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:48 am
The parody poem was more immature then any poem by an adolescent. Even the initial thought of coming up with it was immature, and hey, whats wrong with being an adolescent? Were you not an adolescent once, or are you still? Let's drop the whole "you must be young so obviously your work has to suck". Poetry is not like that at all!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:07 am
Rimbaud wrote most of his best poetry before he was 20. "A Season in Hell" was written at 19. Here is a link, for those who speak French: http://un2sg4.unige.ch/athena/rimbaud/rimb_sai.html

A quick Google search will turn up many English translations.
0 Replies

Rainbow Leprechauns

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 07:55 am
I love you guys. XD
0 Replies