a movie i just saw Requim for a Dream

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:43 pm
Requim for a Dream... have you seen it? if you havnt i suggest that you see it. Its the only movie in todays world that i would consider a true travisty. very dark movie... if you have seen it tell me what you think please
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,376 • Replies: 17
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:45 pm
jenifer Connelly, naked. That's all I really remember. It might just be the best damn movie of all time, for that reason alone.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:48 pm
lol glad to see you are opening yourself to new horizions Kicky
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 07:58 pm
Yeah, you know, New Year and all, gotta be ready for new things...

And how about that scene where she was with the other girl at the party, doing the...I don't know how to put it...the doubly pleasureable "act" with the dildo? One of the most brilliantly moving and beautiful scenes ever put on film. Of course, it's been awhile since I saw it. I don't think they showed much real action, but my mind has filled in the gaps quite nicely, I must say...
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
lol... no the directers saw fit to leave that part to imgination... which im sure yours did rather nicely... how about the part where the guy had his arm cut off or the guy puked in the glue?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:03 pm
I don't remember those parts. There was somebody other than Jenifer Connelly in that movie?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:05 pm
yes there was kicky... i would recommend watching it again so you could see those others... but i think your mind would be pre occupied with jenifer connelly once again... which is quite a lovely thing to be occupied by if i might add
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:10 pm
A friend forced me to see it...said it was better than Fellini.I don't remember much, except it was intense.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:12 pm
I dont think i have heard of Fellini... though the same friend of mine who had me watch Requim for a Dream is trying to force me to watch a movie called Pi... not to sure if i want to watch it though... have you seen it by any chance?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:15 pm
No, I don't see many flicks...unless friends force me to see them.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 08:17 pm
lol well i have just recently gotten into the indy films... i have to say i find them very interesting and done much better then the main stream ones.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 07:28 pm
I remember it as being an outstanding film. I plan to rent it soon.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 07:33 pm
glad you enjoyed it CDK
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 01:03 pm
I love this movie. I plan to do an article on it for my school newpaper, actually.

It's very deep, and has a lot of lessons in it if you watch carefully. It's undergrown yet extremely well known - It's on my top 10 list Smile
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 03:23 pm
Great movie. Very, very intense. The final minutes had a huge impact on me seeing how all the main characters ended in a horrible situation.

Before Requiem for a Dream I had a dilemma...
Will I try drugs one day?

After Requiem for a Dream I had an answer...
No freaking way.

It's one of the few things that has changed my life.

I had the option to watch Pi about half a year ago, but I was scared of my mind betraying me so I skipped it. I've heard nothing but good opinions of that movie.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 03:31 pm
scared of your mind betraying you? how so? i ahve heard good things too... but b/w movies about 3.14 being the perfect number and biblical references just scare me
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 03:43 pm
I think the perfect number is Phi (1.618).

I believe that the mind holds untapped power so, in theory, it's more powerful than my will. Which means that it might go out of control (lost memories, perceiving things that do not exist, lose ability to concentrate, etc.) and I'll never be able to stop it.
That's why the mom part of Requiem freaked me out the worst.

Juice for Mary, Juice for Mary, Goooooooo Mary!
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 03:45 pm
lol i got ya
0 Replies