Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 01:55 pm
panzade wrote:
Christmas colognes 1967

Jade East
English Leather
British Sterling
Hai Karate....

also came in a soap on a rope

how about circa 2004, a freind of my mothers always includes a little gift for me when she gives my mother her gift, this year it was an english leather gift set, god only knows what i'm gonna do with it
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:13 pm
For at least twenty years of my life folks gave me colognes and aftershave for every occasion. For a long time I was too wishy-washy to tell them to quit or to throw that crap away. At last I am free, in my dotery.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 02:27 pm
I had my unruly hair combed into a pompadour as a pre-teenager back in the '30s. It was "glued" into place with Odell's Glossine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 06:55 pm
That's a new one on me.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 08:32 pm
Recently I have noticed many of the yougher crowd both young adults and teenagers using lots of unusual color. Really bright blues and pinks.

It this a new deal and happening all around the country or just in California?

What is the name of the stuff you get to do it?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 08:36 pm
I see some of that, but not to extremes here between Tomball and Spring. Mayhap we aren't citified enough.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 08:40 pm
It is difficult to know since like California, Texas, is a whole other country.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:13 pm
Back in Junior High there were only 4 shirt colors that were cool:

Pink
Blue
Bottle Green and
Burgundy

Shirts had loops in the back we called "Froot Loops" and girls would rip 'em off and collect them.

Oh, and the sox had to match the shirt color.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Jan, 2005 09:15 pm
wow, like another world. The only color shirt that was ok in my crowd was black, blue or white. The best were with a rock band's name printed on the front.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 07:56 am
Edgar, I guess Odell's was too far back for you young whippersnappers to have known.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:04 am
Hmmmmm, I can't tell what kinda stuff hamburger's using in this avatar.

I've got pink tips on my hair right now. Nice and bright Cool

I remember Fruit Loops. I have a quilt that has the whole back of a guy's shirt that I ripped off him in a pub. I think I was after the Fruit Loop, but his shirt was so thin .... rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiip .... all he had left was the collar and arms. Shocked
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 08:40 am
'61=bryllcreme, the hair sworl above the forehead, jeans legs with a tiny cuff roll, pack of Lucky's twisted in the shirt sleeve, Zippo in the pocket, gas 19 cents a gal at the gas-a-mat, worked at the J.C. Penneys warehouse evenings and sat for 75 cents/hr. Levi's 3 for $10, listening to KOMA (oklahoma radio) and WBAP (dallas tx) cigs 17 cents non-filters 19 cents filters, sat nite "draggin' the gut" (cruising main street and hanging at the A&W eating chili-fritos. Fri nited at the drive-in movie (bra goes in the glove box) never got to third base.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 3 Jan, 2005 09:05 am
good stuff...
draggin the gut indeed...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:03 pm
Pony tail with flowing scarves at play. For school it was tons and tons of hair spray on hair that was teased to look like what the doo was called - the bubble. And all this after night of sleeping or not sleeping on plastic rollars.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:13 pm
It was heck being a teenage girl.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 10:22 pm
Wha'? Huh? You're all talking like duckass haircuts are no longer in style. Should I tell my stylist that? (No wonder the young 'uns keep calling me 'Elvis.')
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 10:24 pm
If my brother were still living I guarontee only baldness would keep him from wearing his hair the way he did in 1956.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 06:34 am
Anyone remember big kerchiefs that the girls wore? It was folded into a triangle, tied around the neck in front, and then tied in the back.

Come to think of it, that fashion looked a bit like the headgear that some women in the middle east wear now!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 5 Jan, 2005 11:32 am
LOL Phoenix...Never forget the first time I saw the object of my puppy love walking around with concentrated orange juice cans in her hair...
0 Replies