Ah, I got negg, chia, eyrie, faerie. I'm still lost, though. ^-^;
violetnabile

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:02 pm
@wertyiu102,
I got the same too u.u
0 Replies

mydisguise08

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2012 04:33 pm
I thought the first was Grarrl but now I realized that would use two 'R's Confused

so I went and did it again and got the right answers but it's too late since I entered my answer yesterday which will be wrong Evil or Very Mad
wertyiu102

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2012 08:27 pm
@mydisguise08,
Yeah, I thought it was Grarrl alsom but that's not even enough spaces. *-*

And luckily, i had solved NEGG first. And I always forget how to spell grarrl.
mydisguise08

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2012 05:28 am
@wertyiu102,
I didn't think .eg. was negg Embarrassed I thought maybe kegs, legs, begs but kegs I don't think is a neopropriate word and begs wouldn't work since the B is elsewhere so I went with legs Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 04:58 pm
New LC:

Heermeedjet came down with Neggitus one evening and was unable to finish his rounds. His goal was to steal an elusive golden doughnut from the Bakery, so Merouladen volunteered to help him complete the task. Merouladen successfully broke into the bakery and stole the golden doughnut but was caught just after he managed to hide it! Stuck in a jail cell, Merouladen worried that the golden doughnut would be eaten by a wandering Grarrl.

When Heermeedjet recovered, he received a coded message from Merouladen informing him of the hiding place so he could retrieve the golden doughnut as soon as possible:

RDONLALLBERIERAEDAMFUNFIFEIENRBTAEGHUTERTETDENU

Where did Merouladen hide the golden doughnut?
Please list the decoded message only, with the appropriate spaces between the words to show a proper sentence.

Here's how you do it: Starting from the left, find the words of foods you would find in a bakery. Remove those words from the message. The remainder, read from right to left, spells out the answer.

You'll have to get the rest from there :3
lennyfan

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:06 pm
Last week's answer:

Skarl
Jacques
Zomutt
Negg
Dubloon
chia
eyrie
vex
meepit
faerie

leftovers are LRW
0 Replies

violetnabile

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:49 pm
@blacksuzaku,
The letters are mixed? If they are I think I've found baguette & muffin but it's hard u-u
violetnabile

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 05:57 pm
Under the tree in faerieland
Smile
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2012 07:14 pm
@violetnabile,
The letters actually aren't mixed.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 01:38 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a King Roos Dice and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 4,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: Probably on Wednesday afternoon

King Roo has a set of four six-sided dice. If they're placed next to each other, they form all manner of four-digit numbers, as seen below.

One day, after a long Dice-A-Roo session in the afternoon, he decided to take a break and find all the possible four-digit combinations these dice could form, including those with the six turned upsidown because, well, he's King so he can do what he wants.

After a bit of work, he found all the combinations, and then decided to take one more step...

If King Roo added up all the possible combinations formed by these four dice, what would the sum be?
Please enter just the number with no punctuation or formatting. (For example, 1,999 should be entered as 1999.)
markr

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2012 09:20 pm
@lennyfan,
If the dice are standard dice, then the digits can be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 (sum is 30).
Each digit appears in each position 7*7*7=343 times.
Total = 1111 * 30 * 343 = 11432190
0 Replies

mydisguise08

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 05:57 pm

"Eight! Three! Maths!" Dr. Ballard was quite excited and quite distraught all at the same time. A colleague of his had given him a puzzle that might drive him mad, if he wasn't so clever... and also handsome.

The puzzle? The good doctor was to take only two 8's and only two 3's, and any quantity/combination of the standard operators - plus, minus, multiply, and divide - to find an equation in which the result would equal 24.
http://images.neopets.com/games/conundrum/441_fillintheblanks.gif
He was not allowed to get fancy! Parenthesis were allowed, but no tricks. No cubes or squares or combining numbers to get another number. This was a test of pure maths skill.

And oh, would he pass it. He had to. You can't be a maths professor and not. That's preposterous.

What is the equation Dr. Ballard came up with?
Please enter just the equation with no spaces! (For example, "4+(4*4)=20"... only, you know, with the right answer.)
mydisguise08

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 05:58 pm
@mydisguise08,
I figured it out at 3:56 pm NST, I think it came out somewhere around 3:45 to 3:50 pm?
markr

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2012 12:15 am
@mydisguise08,
8/(3-(8/3))
0 Replies

1nd3x

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 07:14 pm
Unscramble the tiles to figure out this week's Lenny Conundrum.
http://images.neopets.com/games/conundrum/442_puzzle.gif

What is the answer to the question?
Submit the answer without spaces or punctuation or you will be disqualified!
1nd3x

Reply Wed 22 Feb, 2012 07:37 pm
@1nd3x,
I've been going over this for a little while now(even before I posted.

Its a question, so it's probably going to start with one of the following words:
What, Who, Why, Where, How, Do, Does, Is...etc

Having DOES as the very first word allows for ON to be the first word of the second line

I assume that it will be a "single line" of the rectangles, two lines of text, one line of rectangles

I've also found that you can write the word SNOW on the bottom set of letters
SNOWof the rectangles and have the following take place:
   ODS
SNOW

NODS
SNOW

OES
SNOW

NOES
SNOW

if SNOW is on the bottom row, NODS is probably right above it. but it could be a longer word that ends in NOES is above it aswell
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 23 Feb, 2012 12:10 am
@1nd3x,
Code:how many neop
et species na

mes end in a
vowel or y?
0 Replies

jjbuttcrack

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 07:29 pm
as always, i refuse to post a final answer.

but i think there are some details that people correctly call into question.
such as:
the possibility of either a 3 OR 4 digit sequence <-- this is inconsequential.
on a vault mechanism, what you've done previously is not negated by attempting to open it.

some May have noticed this, while others did not.
the possible values range from 0-75. so, How Many possible values are there really?

the left or right turn at the beginning only adds a single factor to the problem.
each selected numeral is indicated by turning the wheel the other way.

there is Nothing is the problem which states that a digit can Not be reused.
many people make this assumption, and it is wrong.
the correct combination could very well be 1-1-1-1. (or just 1-1-1)

once you have your possible number of combinations, be sure to account for time and convert that time into days before submitting an answer.

i came up with a 4 digit number, with a sum of digits of 22.
lennyfan

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 08:55 pm
Here's the problem:

The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Baby Usul Plushie and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 4,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.

Uzarro is quite good at theiving and the various activities that go along with such a hobby. Sneaking? Yeah, awesome. Jumping through lasers? Pfft. Cracking safes? Piece of cake.

One night she was so bored of the average heist that she decided to give herself a challenge. She was attempting to crack a safe in the basement of a wealthy shopkeeper - one who'd recently increased security measures by... well, a lot. After making it past all the other tricks and traps, she reached the safe.

The challenge? She hadn't done any research on this model. She wasn't sure if there were three numbers in the combination, or four. She also wasn't sure which direction to turn the dial first. The only thing she did know was that the dial had numbers from 0 to 75.

She briefly considered how long it would take to try all possible combinations, one by one, knowing that each sequence would take her 8 seconds on average. Did we mention she was good at maths? Because she is, and she chuckled at the answer before using her crazy skills to bust the safe open and hightail it out of there.

How many days would it have taken her to try every possible combination, rounding to the nearest day?
Submit the answer without spaces or punctuation or you will be disqualified!
0 Replies