NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

lennyfan

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 12:09 am
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Darigan Scorchio Plushie and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 2,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: next Wednesday, most likely

Simon, Neopia's most successful Plushie Tycoon, is having a bit of a problem. Production is down due to injuries at his factory and he needs to institute some new safety regulations. He didn't become a bajillionaire by allowing workers with a case of button face or thread burn to take days off!

Oh, sure, he looks nice, but that's only because he just counted his money.

He asked for reports from each of his five department heads, but the information got all jumbled! Now he's not sure who manages what department, what floor they're on, and their records for most days without injury. Here's what he does know:

Phabrick managed the Design department, whose record without injury was not 17 days.
Brilch didn't manage a department that was housed on the third floor.
The only department on the second floor, which did not hold the 28-day injury record, was the Store.
348 days was not the record for the Warehouse. Lyrian managed the department with the 1-day record.
The two departments on the third floor were the one with the 17-day record, and the one that Embroal managed.
Trilnin managed the Engineering department, which wasn't on the first floor. The Stuffing department had the 53-day record, but wasn't on the third floor.

So, which department had only ever gone one day without injury and needs a strict set of protocol and procedures to ensure production continues at maximum efficiency? Enter only the department name.
markr

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 12:33 am
@lennyfan,
3: Warehouse/embroal 28, Engineering/trilnin 17
2: Store/lyrian 1
1: Stuffing/brilch 53, Design/phabrick 348
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 10:10 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a The Hidden Tower and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 2,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: Goodness, not until next year! /gasp

Today is a lovely day and you decide to go visit the Hidden Tower. You have Neopoints to burn, but you have no special discounts, and will be paying standard price for any item. You want to purchase the most expensive item in the Hidden Tower, then the third most expensive item, and finally the second from last.

How many Neopoints will you spend in the Hidden Tower today?
Enter JUST the number, without commas or "NP" or your answer will be marked wrong!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 10:10 pm
So no Advent Calendar related LC this year.
wertyiu102

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 02:17 pm
@lennyfan,
I know. Weird...

people were pointing out somewhere else that you can only buy one item in the Hidden Tower per day. And the conundrum kinda stresses the word "day".
lennyfan

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 03:34 pm
@wertyiu102,
I don't think it matters any. The whole question is hypothetical. The funny thing is that they did this on the day when 60-month plus accounts did get the 3% discount so those people would see the wrong prices for this LC if they went to the Hidden Tower.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 09:13 pm
All men,

Unite

http://able2know.org/topic/182113-1
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 03:32 pm
@wertyiu102,
Hah, you were right. They say the answer is 17,000,000 NP (although that is incorrect, since they said you were supposed to submit without commas or NP), but that is the price of the most expensive item in the Hidden Tower, so they are expecting you to know that you can only purchase one item per day.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:47 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a The Confused Mynci and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 4,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: Probably on Wednesday afternoon

How many straight lines are there in the number of the position in the alphabet that is the sixth letter of the number spelled out by the answer to the following maths problem: 2+4*5?

Enter JUST the number, without punctuation, or your answer will be marked wrong!
markr

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 01:49 am
@lennyfan,
I get 3 straight lines in the number 25.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:08 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Happy Feet and a trophy.

A Neopian biologist was studying the footprints left by different Neopet species. There were so many different types of prints though! Some had no toe prints, like the Aisha and the Ixi, a surprising number had six, like the Elephante, and some had a whopping twelve toe prints, like the Bori! It was quite interesting to ponder. So she wondered...

If you added up the toes for each type of standard Neopet species, how many toes total would that be?

Please respond with ONLY the number and NO words (like "toes" for example) for your answer to qualify.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2012 07:34 pm
An interesting one with lots of ambiguity this week.

I'm going to start by assuming that a standard Neopet species means all Neopet species, but in one of the basic colors. If you want to exclude limited edition and restricted creation Neopets, then you'll take out:
Chomby - limited edition
Cybunny - limited edition
Draik - need a Draik egg
Grundo - Space Adoption Agency
Hissi - limited edition
Jetsam - limited edition
Kiko - limited edition
Koi - limited edition
Krawk - from Krawk petpet
Lutari - very limited edition
Poogle - limited edition
Tonu - limited edition

Then there is the matter of what is a toe. Since the Ixi is specified as having no toes, I assumed the Kau and the Moehog also had no toes, even though their hooves appear split as well.

I generally considered species to be either 0, 2 or 4-footed, depending on what position they were shown in at the Rainbow Pool in the basic colors. (I used red.) I assumed that species shown as standing on 3 feet should have all 4 feet counted. I also assumed the Buzz would stand on 2 feet when it landed.

There are certain discrepancies with the older artwork shown on the all Neopets page http://www.neopets.com/allpets.phtml. In particular:
Blumaroo is on tail instead of feet
Draik is on tail instead of feet
Lutari appears quadripedal instead of bipedal
Meerca is on tail instead of feet
Skeith is on four paws instead of two
Tuskaninny has two paws on the ground instead of standing on the tail

Finally, one of the most interesting questions is whether a Lenny has 4 toes or 6. Do we count the two back-pointing portions of the feet as toes, as we normally would with a bird? Although bird-like as well, the Pteri doesn't seem to have this issue.

One additional issue is that the raised forefoot of the Cybunny appears to have 4 toes, although the rest of the feet have 3. I assumed that this was a minor error in the drawing and left the Cybunny with a total of 12 toes.
seekingskinny

Reply Fri 13 Jan, 2012 06:22 am
@lennyfan,
I'd just like to point out that the question says to add up the toes, not the toes shown in their prints....so that means whether or not a Blumaroo stands on its tail or feet is moot, imo.
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 03:57 am
I didn't count any limited edition pets, or Krawks, Draiks, Grundos, or Lutaris.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:04 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Minty Meerca Mini Cake and a trophy.

Melvin the Meerca loved solving anagrams so much that he started bragging to everyone that he was better than Eliv Thade. One day, Melvin received a mysterious letter made up of anagrams. When he was done solving the letter, he didn't get answers but only more questions! The letter read as follows:

Ready for a challenge? Solve this puzzle. If you place the words below into pairs, each correct pair will be an anagram of an eight letter Neopian word. The first letter of all five words together should provide an anagram that spells out another Neopian word.
ROOT
CITY
SCAN
HERD
KITS
SOAK
CLIP
SNOW
MONK
HOOK

Oh no, poor Melvin! Maybe you can help him out? What is the final Neopian word?
Please answer with only the five letter word and no additional text!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 04:34 pm
I've gone through the names of Neopian lands, the pronunciation guide, all petpet names, and the names of the Neopedia articles and come up with two so far.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:16 pm
So the 5 8-letter words are petpets, most of them plural.
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2012 05:38 pm
Here's a hint:

ROOT goes with SCAN
CITY goes with SOAK
HERD goes with SNOW
KITS goes with HOOK
CLIP goes with MONK
violetnabile

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 05:54 pm
@blacksuzaku,
Ahh, Maraqua. Land of aquatic fun, fine food, fishing antics... but a really bad place for books. Like, really bad. The Lenny Library has unfortunately found a very rare copy of A Brief History of Neopian Turnips in an underwater abode, and needs to restore it. As you can see, many of the letters are smudged beyond recognition. The Neopian Center of Unimaginable Knowledge knows the answer though, but have decided to challenge the great minds of Neopia to see who is worthy to join their mighty ranks. So they have posed this question:

You should be able to complete the Neopian words below using all of the letters A to Z, each once only. Once completed, three leftover letters should remain.
violetnabile

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2012 05:55 pm
@violetnabile,
...rl

.ac.ues

.om.tt

.eg.

.u.lo.n

..ia

E.ri.

.e.

.ee.i.

.aer.e

What are the three leftover letters? Please list the remaining three letters in alphabetical order.
0 Replies