NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

lennyfan

Reply Wed 7 Mar, 2012 09:00 pm
@jjbuttcrack,
Well, I've never seen a combination lock with consecutive identical digits. I would agree that there is nothing requiring the digits to be all different, however.

I agree that the sensible way to do this would be to put in three digits, try it, then put in the fourth digit. For at least one of the 75-76 possible combinations of four digits that start with the same three, at least.

I agree with your answer if you allow identical consecutive digits and try each 3 and 4 digit combination separately.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 10:06 am
Well, based on the answer they awarded the prize to, they wanted the time for trying each 3 and 4-digit combination separately and they allowed consecutive equal digits.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 05:58 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Antwerph and a trophy.
All correct entries will split the 4,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: Probably on Wednesday afternoon

Professor Clodbottle, inventor and master of all things Habitarium, was running an experiment to see just how many P3s he could fit into his latest model. (The Cogbottle Ninety™, if you're curious. Not yet ready for release, but he's making progress!)

The professor, looking dapper.

On the first day, the professor started with a Pinchit, a Larnikin, and a Mootix. The next day, there were three Pinchits, two Larnikins, and still one very lonely Mootix. He was off to a good start, though, or so he thought.

The following day, the professor noticed he'd only gained one Mootix. Not one to be dismayed, he set some nesters to work and the fourth day saw an increase of four Pinchits! Four!

Another lull came the next day, when only one Larnikin had been added, but things got better the day after that when he found three more Mootixes, another Larnikin, and one more Pinchit.

How many Petpetpets did the professor have in his new Habitarium on the fifteenth day?
Submit the answer without spaces or punctuation or you will be disqualified!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 06:00 pm
Well, obviously we are supposed to find some kind of pattern.

Should we take into account that P3s die after 7 days?
lennyfan

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2012 06:58 pm
Since nesters only reproduce the same kind of P3, I'm thinking that looking at the sequence of each type separately would be the place to start.
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:19 pm
@lennyfan,
It was pi day on Wednesday. 3.141592653589793238462643383279502.

that's what I have memorized. anyways, Pi definitely factors into this. And I submitted my answer taking into account that P3's die in a week. And I find it weird that they ask for 15 days, which is like a day after two weeks. but I dunno. May just be me.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2012 06:54 pm
Face plant - I didn't even think about it being Pi day and I know how much the LC loves Pi.

So, the question is whether to submit with P3s dying after 7 days or without. And if with, whether the count is before or after the 2 that die on the 15th day. Oh, I guess I'll assume they all are born and die at the same time each day, so I'll subtract those two off. Two digits, sum of 7?
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2012 03:52 pm
So they didn't want us to take into account the Petpetpets dying. The answer they gave was 71.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:55 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Jeran Stamp and a trophy.
THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - Ends: probably on Wednesday afternoon

Say I took the estimated price of all Destruct-O-Match-related books added together...

Multiplied by rarity of every Codestone and added them together...

Then divided that by the number of different Motes in Neopia...

And finally multiplied by the number of Lupe villains in the Gallery of Heroes...

What would I get? Round to the nearest whole number.
Submit the answer without spaces or punctuation or you will be disqualified for serious!
(For example, 1,111 should be entered as 1111!)
lennyfan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 04:58 pm
Warning: Trick question
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 06:04 pm
My first answer was 278576 = ((1170+1012+1453+1211) * (10*40 + 6*101)) /35 * 2, but I don't think that is right.
0 Replies

blacksuzaku

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2012 11:43 pm
@lennyfan,
"And finally multiplied by the number of Lupe villains in the Gallery of Heroes..."

And that after I'd done all the math
0 Replies

dawgsrock

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2012 03:21 pm
Lol, I didn't even bother to do the math, I saw the last sentence and just put my answer in. Smile
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:52 pm
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Delfin and a trophy.

The Gadgadsbogen celebration is known throughout Mystery Island and beyond. Neopets from around globe gather to buy the last of the older fruits and to marvel at the new ones.

The island's regular inhabitants don't mind the touists; visitors to the island usually bring plenty of Neopoints. One such tourist, Salinder, had ben saving for this day for an entire year and couldn't wait to see what this year's Gadgadsbogen had to offer.

His first stop was at a small shop near the harbour. It was full to the brim with Slugroots and Uchini, but nothing really caught the buzz's eye.

Salider's second stop was at the Tropical Food shop. They had a larger variety, including Grunions and Banngos. They even had Honeylumes! But still, he couldn't find that one fruit that looked too delicious to resist.

Finally, after many more stops and a long day of celebrating, he came upon a very smal stand tucked away behind the Rock Pool. When he approached, his face lit up! This was it. This was the fruit he'd been serching for all along.

What fruit did Salinder find?
Enter just the fruit name with no punctuation. You will be disqualified if you enter anything else!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 06:56 pm
Okay, Slugroots and Grunions are retired fruit. From what I can see Uchini, Banngos and Honeylumes don't even exist. I was expecting some kind of pattern with Neopian fruits, possibly ones that were added or retired this Gadgadsbogen, but that doesn't seem very likely now.
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2012 06:30 pm
There are a TON of misspellings.. :/
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 06:39 pm
Answer is in the misspelled words:
touists - tourists (r)
ben - been (e)
Uchini - Puchini (p)
Salider - Salinder (n)
Banngos - Banangos (a)
Honeylumes - Honeyplumes (p)
smal - small (l)
serching - searching (a)

Unscramble repnapla to get Arnapple.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 06:40 pm
A week late, but here's the next one:

The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Sundial and a trophy.

IF THIS SAND TAKE LAST THE THE UZARRO THIS

What is the next word in the sequence?
Enter just the word with no punctuation. You will be disqualified if you enter anything else!
lennyfan

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:19 pm
@lennyfan,
Answer is in the New Features. Starting from the April 6th news, take the first word of every other bulleted item. The next word in the sequence is Ooh.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 10:18 am
The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Fruit Pizza and a trophy.

My first is in Polarchuck, but never in Snarhook;

My second is in Woolypapith, but never in Slymook;

My third is in Gikerot, but never in Crocalu;

My fourth is in Hegelob, but never in Puppyblew;

My fifth is in Flowper, but never in Wadjet;

My sixth is in Alabriss, but never in Piraket;

My whole lives in the sand in a sunny land.

What am I?

Enter just the word with no punctuation. You will be disqualified if you enter anything else!