NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

lennyfan

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:58 am
@vvktv,
The LC usually makes a lot of sense when you find it. Doesn't seem like them to disguise the numbers by adding a random 6 in front. And I only remember one or two cases where there was a mathematical operation on values from the site. Those had to do with current site events, so it was a lot more obvious where to start.
0 Replies

beebzzz

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 11:25 am
i have another (sort of) idea - what if the numbers are some sort of coordinates? or something along that line?

for example - 644 - place 6, row 4, item no. 4: something koi?

it might still be related to the style showdown - it was like that during the AC.
skutn1em

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 03:12 pm
@beebzzz,
That's an interesting theory... I don't know where there might be a grid of sorts, though, for us to experiment with the numbers.

I feel like it does have something to do with Style Showdown. Perhaps the number of wearables available for that pet? That'd be a pain in the butt, though.

I was curious as to the place of business and also went through all of the shops/shopkeeper pictures to see if there was any connection to a receipt with a circled number on it, but to no avail.
lennyfan

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 04:14 pm
@skutn1em,
I did think of something like that - it could even be the Nth word in certain pages or something like that.

Regarding the wearables, the number of wearable items with Moehog in the name is 56, Ogrin 32 and Koi 42. (Jellyneo item database.) This should correspond relatively closely to the number of wearables that are specific to each species. Overall, there are more than 1000 wearables, so it can't be the total for any one species either. And how would you possibly be able to count such a thing on the Neopets site anyway?

Seems like there needs to be something where we can identify the number from the name of the Neopet species, once we find the right place to look. That's assuming the species matter, but I'm almost certain they must.
0 Replies

wertyiu102

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 04:03 pm
Shot in the dark: number of characters on a species default pet page, or the animated profle things...
skutn1em

Reply Sat 14 Aug, 2010 06:54 pm
@wertyiu102,
The species default pet page as in neopets.com/[species] ?? If so, then the numbers don't match up. I'm almost at a loss. Well, we know the answer will be in the last place we look!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 09:40 am
Well, came up with another idea that didn't work. I went back to the last Moehog Day and added up the rarities of the clothing that was released for Moehogs that day. Unfortunately, instead of 664, it added up to 956. Going back 2 years, there were fewer, less rare items, and their rarities only added up to 555.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:12 am
I was able to come up with something that seems to pan out. Hope I am right!

I did not give clues because of the unlikely event where only a few people solved it and there is an upgrade in prize. In any case, I will say that my solution involved Neopets knowledge. It was not based solely on the numbers.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 10:43 am
Got it right. Smile

There were 5 correct answers. I got the Purple Feather Boa and 400K. No upgrade in prize. I guess that occurs at 4 or less, or maybe just when there are no correct answers the first week.
lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 11:41 am
@Kutusita,
Or when they randomly decide to. Congratulations on the large win. So the answer was 3943. Please tell use how you found it.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 11:53 am
I would be just as happy if TNT decides to never upgrade the prize again, since the last time people weren't too happy!

OK, the thing that led me in the right direction were the concepts of "certain place of business" and receipts. What places could give out money or accept money? Tried the shop idea a long time ago and it led to nothing. I also tried some of the places that accept or give out dubloons, and nothing there, either.

Then I tried Kelp. I looked under Appetizers. I looked at the initial letters of the Appetizers, and noticed that they matched the initial letters of the Neopets in the puzzle. Nice coincidence, or is leading me somewhere? After a few false starts with looking for more letter patterns, I then tried ordering things from the menu:

Moehog - ordered the first thing from each section of the menu: Maraquan Cream Broth, Filet of Beef, Kelps Signature Ice Creame, Aged Tchea Juice. Prices added up to 66,400 NP. Aha! Then I did the second items, third, etc. Note that there are only six items on the Dessert menu, so the puzzle wouldn't work so well for a seventh pet!
Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 11:58 am
Just to be thorough:

Total prices were 66,400; 64,400; 65,100; 66,700; 70,300; 61,400. Take off last two '00' digits from each price, and add. Smile
beebzzz

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 12:25 pm
@Kutusita,
awesome! congratulations! Smile
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 12:29 pm
Thanks!

I felt bad not giving out clues, but I thought once I gave out a vague one, someone else would figure it out and give a better clue, and the next thing you know someone is blurting out the answer. Razz

I suspect tonight's puzzle will be a math one, and I will be totally clueless. Smile
0 Replies

koalabears23

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 12:53 pm
Wow! Congrats on figuring it out. Maybe if I had tried to get the Kelp avvy this week, I could have found it. Hopefully this week's is easier.
0 Replies

vvktv

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 01:10 pm
holy wow!!! excellent job on figuring that out!! i'm totally impressed. and you deserve the whole prize for sure. i bow down to you!

i'm bummed i won't be around for the release tonight Sad
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 01:38 pm
@Kutusita,
So a nice, beautiful, classic Lenny Conundrum. When you find the right pattern, it is clear and unambiguous. The actual pet species involved didn't really figure into the puzzle at all, but gave you a nice little hint along the way with the initial letter matching to the initial letters of the appetizers.

Congratulations once again on solving it.
0 Replies

jjbuttcrack

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 02:10 pm
Good job!! =)

it's funny, Kelp actually crossed my mind! but it was so long ago since i've gotten that avatar that i've forgotten how that worked. so i didn't want to spend the NPs just to look at the menu. oh well, guess in hindsight i should have went for it.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:05 pm
Thanks, everyone!

New one is out. No ideas yet.

A group of 12 Petpets arrived at the Food Shop. The first to arrive was a Goldy, then a Zebie, then a Feepit, then a Geb, then a Babaa. What type of Petpet was the eighth to arrive?
0 Replies

koalabears23

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2010 03:18 pm
Well I'm stumped again.
0 Replies