NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

spaceymom

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 04:00 pm
I checked out pet central and the categories on it - the site spotlight - the pet spotlight - poems - and lots of other places. No go. Not a clue.
0 Replies

Cathy888

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 04:08 pm
Okay I was searching the numbers and I came to an answer but I could not click on it to see how they came to it so it could be wrong. I entered it though because I am sick of looking. Bad excuse I know.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 09:02 pm
I'm wanting to find similar items that have estimated values of the given amounts, but I'm not having any luck. I did a pretty thorough search of ogrin without finding anything with an estimated value of 651. Unfortunately, jellyneo doesn't have estimated values, so I can't just do a nice search there.
vvktv

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 09:20 pm
@lennyfan,
yeah i tried to go through for koi and moehog earlier as well, just in case, but no luck. i'm still totally stumped on this one. but not throwing in the towel yet..
0 Replies

Cathy888

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:50 pm
Someone said in the boards as a hint to go to the pharmacy and buy the kikougela syrup (however you spell it) and apparently, the prices varied. I am not quite sure. I tried but the price stayed the same for me and I was unsure if that had something to do with me already submitting an answer or what the go was with that.
0 Replies

Cathy888

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:52 pm
Oh and I tried finding similar items and matching the estimated price as well as anything else I could find. I tried it with battledome items, mp's, plushies, etc. I already submitted an answer but I am really trying to find a solution just so I know how the answer came to be.
0 Replies

beebzzz

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 04:31 am
my initial idea was the chocolate factory - all species have some type of chocolate there (mint chocolate ogrin, orange chocolate koi, etc) - but couldn't find a pattern.
lennyfan

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 09:46 am
@beebzzz,
My other idea was plushies, but that didn't pan out either.
0 Replies

vvktv

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 11:23 am
ughhh this is driving me nuts!! remind anyone else of that one where the answer was in the create an account tutorial and only 4 people got it in two weeks..
lennyfan

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 11:29 am
@vvktv,
That definitely crossed my mind. But where does one look if that is the case?
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 11:29 am
This is driving me crazy as well. Yes, it did remind me of the tutorial one, which is why I went to go look at the new one with no results. Razz I tried clothes, MPs, chocolates, etc. with no results.

I looked at another place to see if anyone figured it out, and none of the answers were convincing. I don't think it's a straight number pattern, not with just 3 examples. I think the species are relevant somehow.
lennyfan

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 11:45 am
@Kutusita,
I would have to agree that the species are probably important. A sequence based on three numbers and with barely a pattern in those is certainly not sufficient.

The sum of digits of 16, 14, 12 for the first three numbers is intriguing, but even if it continues, you have to make so many assumptions to constrain the following values. First digit stays 6 - why should that be? And so on.

I think it is much more likely the sum of digits is a red herring (whether on purpose or not) and we are missing some relationship between the species and the numbers.
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 01:09 pm
@Kutusita,
I went and checked out the tutorial as well - not a chance it is related, I would say, as it is already outdated (still shows Neovision). Did get a free Tutorial Certificate of Completion from it, though. Of course, I could buy one of those off the Shop Wizard for less than 10 NP.
0 Replies

vvktv

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 02:11 pm
hahaa nice. yeah i feel like i've done everything possible on the darn site and made no connections. although i didn't check like every page in the worlds..hmm..

i did try to think of any place that would have those particular species featured together and even checked out source code and image urls, but nothing there either.

they better not pull the same prize-increase stunt as with that new player tutorial one. i will be very angry!
0 Replies

lennyfan

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 03:04 pm
I was thinking it might have to do with the Site Showdown semi-finalists for the first round that were released today, but I can't find anything there either. Last week's LC had to do with the Style Showdown, after all. Any other site events going on? Other than sponsor activities, which probably wouldn't make their way here.
0 Replies

Kutusita

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 03:23 pm
I tried some number manipulations at the bank earlier. I also considered the Pound, and nothing there either.

Don't hate me, but... I was one of the 4 who got the tutorial one right. Didn't really profit from the prize, though. I just repainted my Royal pet who had been hit by an annoying color changing event. :K I had other pets which would have been even worse if hit by Boochi, so I couldn't have them active.

I don't think they'll do that this week, unless nobody gets it right and it goes for another week.
vvktv

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:32 am
@Kutusita,
omg that's so awesome. congratulations on getting it!!! i don't really hate you for it Smile that one made me rack my brains for over a week and it was awful. it made me mad though because i felt like it was TNT punishing people who only have 1 account and never plan on creating another

i tried doing some sort of like averages of the estimated values of the items from the search with the name "moehog" and "ogrin" etc. but nothing there either..
0 Replies

jjbuttcrack

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 09:59 am
this is Crazy that we haven't figured it out yet!

i feel like the riddle itself didn't contain enough clues this time. i'm pretty confident that it is Not purely a mathematical number series. in LCs like this, the numbers are always tied to *something* in neopets.
so i think the species mentioned have to be important somehow. but we've looked at all the obvious (and most on-obvious) things, and came up with nothing.
what's left? neopian times issue numbers? are neopedia articles numbered?
vvktv

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:47 am
@jjbuttcrack,
they don't seem to go high enough Sad but i wasn't very thorough so maybe if you drop the 6 in front or something. or a math code first and then NT issues or something??
lennyfan

Reply Fri 13 Aug, 2010 10:49 am
@jjbuttcrack,
Neopedia articles are numbered, but only up to 271 so far. Current Neopian times issue is 455. Games 664, 644 and 651 are all unavailable - most likely old sponsor games. User shops are by name, not number, and they are unlikely to contain anything that would be fixed anyway.

User profiles - moehog and ogrin are long abandoned accounts, while koi has been disabled. Neopets - moehog, ogrin and koi are all level 1 pets, although Koi is a Kau and Ogrin is a Kacheek.

Searching the Neopedia for Moehog, Ogrin or Koi returns nothing. (Says more about the limitations of Neopets search than anything else.)

Moehog day is May 14, Koi day is May 25, Ogrin day is 12/28. Don't see any pattern there.
0 Replies