NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

nacine82

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:20 pm
well thats what i picked the haunted woods because i switched it around backwards also so hopefully that is the answer and we will see when it comes time crosses fingers lol goodluck all!
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 07:25 pm
on no wait a minute what IF you had to start at the space station and go from there for you cordinates does that change the answer?????? crap!! lol
0 Replies

julianwhimsy

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 09:39 pm
Man! That would change the answer, but I think it's not quite possible... I mean... if you go 359 to the left of the space station, aren't you almost off the page?!?!?! Hehe... well... we'll have so see on this one!

~S
0 Replies

blackblood

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2005 09:42 pm
How exactly do you find the pixels? Embarrassed
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2005 04:57 pm
oh it's ok don't be embarassed pixels are what make up a image if you take it into a paint program like paint shop pro, photo shop or ms paint and you move the mouse around you'll see in the bottom corner what pixel you are on at that time x and y it's like up and down... you deal with it in html as well, hopefully haunted woods is the answer cross your fingers..
0 Replies

n0k0mis

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:05 am
*cough*agrees with stapel*cough*

:wink:
0 Replies

Mark from Neopia

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 01:23 am
Neo Cheating!
Mmmm. Yet again I've solved the riddle, and my answer does agree with somebody else thinking given on these pages.

But before you use the easy option, and copy some-one else's answer, consider this. Why would anybody from Neopets publish the correct answer and so effectively reduce the number of points they receive?

Therefore I'd be very sceptical of somewone who had DEFINITELY published the correct answer! :wink:

Use the methods given, and work it for yourself - then you'll be sure of the right answer.

Good look fellow "Lennies"

Mark from Neopia
0 Replies

julianwhimsy

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 05:05 pm
Veryy well said Mark! Embarrassed but... as long as I'm one of the first 250 it still kind of pays off! Plus, it's really not so much for the points for me... I'm all about just figurin' it out!

~S
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 09:20 pm
well i aint in it for the points either im in it for the av i guessed my answer before i posted here so i dont really care about the neopoints i like to help people if they help me and some nice people helped me as well. so if my answer was right i do play neopets and you can see for yourself lol i guess i dunno just trying to help people !! =)
0 Replies

kitsch144

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:47 am
hurrah! Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I got the answer right, using the methods listed here. But it's not Haunted Woods.
0 Replies

lilbratbunny

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:32 pm
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and my first time trying the Lenny Conundrum. Anyway, I've been reading your post, and I think I got it.

Using the logic Julian ans stapel brought up, start with the original map of neopet. Flip it upside down, then mirror it. And voila.... Smile The coordinates match PERFECTLY.

Oh, I use Paint Shop Pro to flip my image, and it also tells me the coordinate. I hope that help. Good lucks guys Smile
0 Replies

lilbratbunny

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2005 06:37 pm
I'm sorry if I gave too much away. =\ I'm not too sure of the rules about giving hints =X
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 09:23 am
rules? what rules?
As near as I can tell, there are no rules. In fact, people frequently post the Conundrums to physics and math tutoring services, pretending that the riddles are actually homework questions or take-home tests, and wanting the tutors figure out the answers for them. Of course, when a dozen people from all over the country post the exact same "extra-credit take-home question that my teacher thought up" all in the same day, the tutors do tend to figure out what's going on. At least three tutoring services have instituted new policies as a result of this activity.

Eliz.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Mon 7 Feb, 2005 02:19 pm
well good luck to you all with your answers!
0 Replies

julianwhimsy

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 01:59 pm
Question...
Hey... this may sound silly.. but does anyone know what time on thursdays the answer is usually given out/ then new puzzle comes up... or is it kind of random... I'm at work and really don't have the time to refresh the page every minute or two!!!

Thanks!

~S

(Oh, I decided to add a poll, just for fun! Accept I'm dumb, and posted it as a new topic, with the subject line "Question... so go check it out!)
0 Replies

lilbratbunny

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 07:00 pm
I got their congrats message at 11:50am, nst. So I'm guessing the answer to the puzzle and new one are put up around noon?
0 Replies

EmmyLou99388

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 08:52 pm
The newest Lenny
There were five friends, a Kacheek, a Tuskaninny, a Lenny, an Acara, and a Bori. The Tuskaninny's age was that of the Acara plus the Kacheek. The Bori was twice the Acara's age, or the same age as the Kacheek and the Tuskaninny put together. The Lenny's age was three times the average of all five of their ages.

If the Acara is four months older than the Kacheek, how many months old is the Lenny?

I have the basis of the idea...
Kacheek Arrow K
Tuskaninny Arrow T
Lenny Arrow L
Acara Arrow A
Bori Arrow B
T=A+K
B=2A
B=K+T
L=3(MEAN)

But how would i go about finishing it?
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:09 pm
T = A + K
B = 2A = K + T
L = (3/5)(K + T + L + A + B)
A = K + 4

Rearranging into a linear system:

A + K - T = 0
2A - B = 0
B - K - T = 0
A - K = 4
3A + 3B + 3K - 2L + 3T = 0

This is a system of five equations in five unknowns, so it is uniquely solveable. Using linear algebra, we get:

A = 8, B = 16, K = 4, L = 60, and T = 12

Checking:

first clue: A + K = 8 + 4 = 12 = T
second clue: 2A = 2(8) = 16 = B, and K + T = 4 + 12 = 16 = B
third clue: 3[(A + B + K + L + T)/5] = (3/5)(8 + 16 + 4 + 60 + 12) = 60 = L
fourth clue: K + 4 = 4 + 4 = 8 = A

So the solution checks.

Eliz.
0 Replies

bongoboy

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:13 pm
Thats almost all of them. Read the answer again. You missed K+4=A. Then just go back into your equations and substitute (K+4) for A.

A+K=T
becomes
(K+4)+K=T, or 2K+4=T

2A=K+T
becomes
2K+8=3K+4

Just keep repeating the process until you have all the variables except L, then solve L=3(MEAN)

EDIT dang. he posted the answer while i was writing this. might be helpful for clarification though
0 Replies

PinkRockz

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 12:10 am
im trying to solve this on my own, using little to no help from the clues that were already given on this board.. but im getting stuck with the lennys age. i figured out everything else on my own, but i cant get the lenny. can someone please tell me how to get that? but please, dumb it down for me, im not that great with math hehe.

i want the satisfaction of being able to submit an answer to neopets that i actually put thought into, as opposed to just stealing other peoples answers : :wink:
0 Replies