NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

friendsforever

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 09:16 pm
Quote:
3451 - 427 - 256 - 312 - 546 - 656 - 823 = 431

Where did 3451 come from? I must have missed it. The Three Sevens theory is looking better by the minute.
0 Replies

rshupe

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 09:45 pm
another trend?
Hi
I have been using this forum for a while now for the LC questions...anyways, this seems like a toughy, and I may have found another trend to explore...

multiply each number within the number...
4*2*7 = 56
2*5*6 = 60
8*2*3 = 48

then divide by the hour
56/1 = 56
60/2 = 30
48/6 = 8

so end up with (56, 30, 2, 30, 36, 8)

and then I lose it...
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:02 pm
jobertv wrote:
The first 5 numbers are either divisible by 7 or 8. Except for the last which i guess is a prime number. (Wouldn't that wreck the alliteration?)

61 * 7 = 427
32 * 8 = 256
39 * 8 = 312
78 * 7 = 546
82 * 8 = 656
823*1 = 823

interesting..i never thought of that, but it makes perfect sense!!

tea, wrecking alliteration..it was right in front of the whole time [i'm assuming that it is a clue -along w/ the 7 s's]
0 Replies

ramyanagesh

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:24 pm
Sine there are 7 alliterative words in the sentence and one that spoils it...that technically makes it 8 words.But only 7 hours.I don't know if the no. of alliterative words has much to do with the answer.
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 01:58 am
ramyanagesh wrote:
Sine there are 7 alliterative words in the sentence and one that spoils it...that technically makes it 8 words.But only 7 hours.I don't know if the no. of alliterative words has much to do with the answer.

well, it has been so long and yet, no answer Crying or Very sad ..::sobs::..i lub that avvie! but i haven't gotten it yet.. Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:07 am
lenny conundrum
I am new here but I found something interesting which may just be a red herring.
If you form a number pyramid you get

4 2 7
2 5 6
3 1 2

with the 6 and 2 tacked on of course
can't get any further with this but may be relevant
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:12 am
lenny conundrum
well it skewed my numbers so I'll try again

4 2 7
2 5 6
3 1 2

with the number underneath being the difference between adjacent numbers above.
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:16 am
lenny conundrum
Aaarrrrgggg
It did it again - you can tell I am new
4 minus 2 = 2 ( 1st number of 2nd line)
7 minus 2 = 5 (2nd number of 2nd line)

5 minus 2 = 3 (1st number of 3rd line)
6 minus 5 = 1 (2nd number of 3rd line)
caves after this
0 Replies

almost clueless

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:33 am
Just thinking out loud...

I'm not doing well with the math angle so I thought I'd try something different. I've been playing with the words and numbers for hours, probably killing off some huge number of cubic inches of my brain cells. Here is my latest, most likely totally off the wall line of thinking. I'm only posting it to see if it helps someone else figure out the actual answer.

I numbered the words as:

1 several
2 Symols
3 sat
4 silently
5 snacked
6 sugary
7 sweets
8 tea

I noticed the first digit of each number could correspond to specific word. Then I noticed the second and third digits of each number are always in numerical order, so I decided to try to interpret the numbers as individual digits meaning: word number, letter number, letter number

for example, 427 would mean use the second and seventh letters of the word silently

I got this:

427 il
256 ls
312 sa
546 ce
656 ry
823 ea

I played around with those letters and looked at what would be available in words number 1 and 7 since they weren't used.

I noticed I could rearrange the letters to make some creepy types of words like scary and ills.

If I use the third and fifth letters from the first word, several, I can spell:
real scary evils

so using my totally made up formula above, that would mean the next number would be 135

The total cubic inches would then be 3155 - if I did all of my math correctly which is highly doubtful since I'm not very awake.

The link I can't make is what would real scary evils have to do with Symols?
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:37 am
Re: lenny conundrum
misspelt wrote:
Aaarrrrgggg
It did it again - you can tell I am new
4 minus 2 = 2 ( 1st number of 2nd line)
7 minus 2 = 5 (2nd number of 2nd line)

5 minus 2 = 3 (1st number of 3rd line)
6 minus 5 = 1 (2nd number of 3rd line)
caves after this

well, you aren't doing the same thing for the second line..you subtracted the middle # of the first line [2] from the first # [4], but in the second line, you subtracted the first [2] from the second [5]..
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:41 am
almost clueless wrote:

I'm not doing well with the math angle so I thought I'd try something different. I've been playing with the words and numbers for hours, probably killing off some huge number of cubic inches of my brain cells. Here is my latest, most likely totally off the wall line of thinking. I'm only posting it to see if it helps someone else figure out the actual answer.

I numbered the words as:

1 several
2 Symols
3 sat
4 silently
5 snacked
6 sugary
7 sweets
8 tea

I noticed the first digit of each number could correspond to specific word. Then I noticed the second and third digits of each number are always in numerical order, so I decided to try to interpret the numbers as individual digits meaning: word number, letter number, letter number

for example, 427 would mean use the second and seventh letters of the word silently

I got this:

427 il
256 ls
312 sa
546 ce
656 ry
823 ea

I played around with those letters and looked at what would be available in words number 1 and 7 since they weren't used.

I noticed I could rearrange the letters to make some creepy types of words like scary and ills.

real scary evils

so using my totally made up formula above, that would mean the next number would be 135

The total cubic inches would then be 3155 - if I did all of my math correctly which is highly doubtful since I'm not very awake.

well, that IS a possibility, and maybe there is another word you could form? i don't know..just shooting in the dark here.. and ya, i think your math is fine...i'm soo tired..our teacher is giving this lecture thing on sparks and collisions and reactions and stuff..
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:47 am
Quote:
well, you aren't doing the same thing for the second line..you subtracted the middle # of the first line [2] from the first # [4], but in the second line, you subtracted the first [2] from the second [5]..

*Sigh* Yes I know, but If I ignored the minus sign from subtracting 4 from 2 I was hoping it would show some sort of pattern. Just trying anything really in case it would give someone else a flash of inspiration.
0 Replies

almost clueless

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:52 am
bookworm514 wrote:
almost clueless wrote:

I numbered the words as:

1 several
2 Symols
3 sat
4 silently
5 snacked
6 sugary
7 sweets
8 tea

I got this:

427 il
256 ls
312 sa
546 ce
656 ry
823 ea

real scary evils

well, that IS a possibility, and maybe there is another word you could form? i don't know..just shooting in the dark here.. and ya, i think your math is fine...i'm soo tired..our teacher is giving this lecture thing on sparks and collisions and reactions and stuff..

Well, if by any chance I am on the right track, I am hoping someone here will see a word or phrase that will apply to Symols. I haven't heard of them before today so I'm at a loss for what to do with the letters. Laughing
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 02:53 am
Quote:

real scary evils

But if you're rearranging the order of the letters to make the word, wouldn't that also mean that the number could be 153?

This has totally got me stumped....
0 Replies

almost clueless

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:05 am
dragondragon wrote:
Quote:

real scary evils

But if you're rearranging the order of the letters to make the word, wouldn't that also mean that the number could be 153?

This has totally got me stumped....

Trust me, I'm not convinced I have the answer. The reason I chose 135 rather than 153 is because in all the other numbers, the second and third digits were in numerical order. The numbers are 427, not 472; 312, not 321, etc.. I'm seriously grasping at straws here.

135 would be a total guess for me, I'd like to see someone take what I started with and make a 100% correct, impossible to be anything else, word or phrase. That's where I'm stuck and probably where my idea falls flat on its face.

There are all sorts of words that can be formed from the initial set of letters. Things like clearly and cellars. I was hoping I would find a word that starts with S or a bunch of words that all start with S. That would make much more sense to me that my lame real scary evils answer.
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:13 am
Going on previous Lenny Cs, I think you might be on the right track with your theory about taking certain letters from the words, but it's too early for my brain to be working properly yet Sad
0 Replies

MMK

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:27 am
Clues from the boards;-

Theres a 0
The answer is 4 digits
2 numbers in the answers are the same
All the clues are on the LC page, you don't need to go to nay other pages.
Figure out the last number first
Try writing the numbers out in different ways, and see if you notice any connection
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 04:22 am
I think I'm gonna just put a random number and cross my fingers that it's right - I noticed on the boards that a couple of people are saying everyone is "overthinking" and that "this one is way too easy" (hate it when people say it's easy when I just don't have a clue where to start *laughs* Laughing )
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 04:28 am
well i belive some already have the answer but is keeping it to themselfs out of pure greed in the hopes of getting alot more nps rewards, and i think people who do this is wrong, this is a site that i meant to help other get answer not keep toself
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 04:41 am
lenny conundrum
I suspect the people that aren't "overthinking" are putting zero re a possible word play. The question asks how many cubic inches were burrowed "in" the 7 hours when the data is provided for symols burrowing "out". I wasn't happy with that answer.
0 Replies