NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 04:46 am
Re: lenny conundrum
misspelt wrote:
I suspect the people that aren't "overthinking" are putting zero re a possible word play. The question asks how many cubic inches were burrowed "in" the 7 hours when the data is provided for symols burrowing "out". I wasn't happy with that answer.

yeah I read the question as
"How many cubic inches, total, did they burrow, in those seven hours"
rather than the burrowing in / out that others have mentioned.

I'm not that hot on finding patterns in numbers though.... *goes off to muck around with the numbers in excel to see what I can come up with*
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:03 am
does anyone think that 135 might be the answer,
btw on earlier post someone said you can get frozen for given answer out, yes you can i know, i gave answer to a friend a few weeks back on one i work out on my own without the aid of this site and i was frozen and now have to start over again, so i now need trophy all over again when i had silver
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:07 am
*thinks*

How did you get 135?

(and don't forget, the actual answer to submit would be the total nhumber, not just what was dug in the 7th hour)
0 Replies

misspelt

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:10 am
nooneatall wrote:
does anyone think that 135 might be the answer,
btw on earlier post someone said you can get frozen for given answer out, yes you can i know, i gave answer to a friend a few weeks back on one i work out on my own without the aid of this site and i was frozen and now have to start over again, so i now need trophy all over again when i had silver

Not convinced about 135 but I have no better ideas. You can't be frozen for giving the answer on this site since it is non-neopets. I suspect a mathematical solution since there hasn't been a tricky maths one for a few weeks, however, the alliteration must have some significance. I am stumped on this one. Tried magic squares and number pyramids - still no progress.
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:11 am
135 was on someone else post a page back, i am no good at all on math, without someone posting answer i wont be any good for this week
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:13 am
*looks back*

hmmm I dunno about 135.... the logic makes sense, but why those words?
I have the feeling that maybe there's something really obvious that I'm missing here (like last week I didn't notice the word "calendar" was in the clue, so I couldn't work out the answer Laughing )
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:22 am
well i am without a doubt 100% clueless on this one, this one is not in my reach to hope of getting
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:28 am
nooneatall wrote:
well i am without a doubt 100% clueless on this one, this one is not in my reach to hope of getting

well, i think that it is possible in a wierd and logical way that is too easy to notice..not taht i have figured it out or anything..

other than that, i'm not that fond of the alliteration, since there is "tea" involved, maybe like that, the alliteration is also just of no significance? or maybe it will turn out to be the key to everything..that part has me stumped...maybe someone should try matching up numbers and words? i don't think that was done yet..bleh, i would, but i have a history project to work on..i'm just going back and forth checking this..
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:38 am
nooneatall wrote:
well i belive some already have the answer but is keeping it to themselfs out of pure greed

But you demanding that other people give you the answer (and thus give you the points and prizes) -- that isn't "greed"? Rolling Eyes

Eliz.
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:39 am
stapel wrote:
nooneatall wrote:
well i belive some already have the answer but is keeping it to themselfs out of pure greed

But you demanding that other people give you the answer (and thus give you the points and prizes) -- that isn't "greed"? Rolling Eyes

Eliz.

true, but if we "ask" then they might be nicer...
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:50 am
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=114798670
might help..
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:51 am
i have never demending anything of the kind, in fact i said i am not able to get answer without someone else posting it, i dont care if i get answer or not, i work just as hard as everyone else in this site to sort answer out, but math i am no good at, i lost one account because i gave answer to someone in neomail
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:20 am
nooneatall wrote:
i have never demending anything of the kind, in fact i said i am not able to get answer without someone else posting it, i dont care if i get answer or not, i work just as hard as everyone else in this site to sort answer out, but math i am no good at, i lost one account because i gave answer to someone in neomail

ooh..that is sad...well, i am going now..i'll be back in an hour or so..bleh, i hate history..
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 06:24 am
(from the neoboards)
Quote:
Try separating it to hundreds tens and ones
4 2 7

2 5 6

3 1 2

5 4 6

6 5 6

8 2 3

pity they don't then explain what they think you should do next, but apparently that's supposed to help....
0 Replies

nooneatall

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:05 am
some one told my daughter that the reason why the answer has not been posted yet is because tnt has someone watching this site for person who gives out the answers, i guess they told her someone reported this site to tnt about people cheating and getting away with it.
0 Replies

dragondragon

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:13 am
Quote:
Also, giving out the answer or obvious hints is against the rules. Please help to make the Lenny Conundrum fair for everyone!

OK, so they don't allow the answer or "obvious hints" to be given out, but there's nothing mentioned about working the answer out with / bouncing ideas off other people....

I dunno, this week'll just be a random number plucked out of thin air for me Wink
0 Replies

christy1865

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:26 am
I don't think its cheating to work within a group of people to find the correct answer. Everyone here benefits in some small way... whether it is learning how to do certain math operations or learning about different kinds of word puzzles.

Besides, this site is non-neopets related, and its impossible for them to draw any concrete connections between this website and your account. There could be two separate user names, by chance you have the username of someone else's neopets account, etc. etc.

I don't think TNT would waste their time "monitoring" some site that wasn't theirs.
0 Replies

christy1865

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:30 am
I tried something similar, only I translated each number into the letter it began with, since that's what's important in alliteration.

I get,

f t s
t f s
t o t
f f s
s f s
e t t

dragondragon wrote:
(from the neoboards)
Quote:
Try separating it to hundreds tens and ones
4 2 7

2 5 6

3 1 2

5 4 6

6 5 6

8 2 3

pity they don't then explain what they think you should do next, but apparently that's supposed to help....
0 Replies

bookworm514

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:08 am
nooneatall wrote:
some one told my daughter that the reason why the answer has not been posted yet is because tnt has someone watching this site for person who gives out the answers, i guess they told her someone reported this site to tnt about people cheating and getting away with it.

well, they can't..they won't know who the person/thier userid/ is..they can't make a random guess based on our ids here because that won't be fair and it would also decrease the amount of people joining....other than that, the spearating the hundreds and tens came up before too, except i don't know whwat to do by separating it..
0 Replies

stormygoddess

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:49 am
The reason the specific answer hasn't been posted yet is that no one is sure they have the correct answer yet -- this is a very hard LC, apparently.

Me, I'm still working on it, and I usually have them figured out (sometimes with the help of this board) by a couple of hours after they are posted.

Regarding TNT monitoring this page -- no, it's not in their jurisdiction. They can't freeze people for posting the answer here, unless they link this site from neopets (which is against the no-outside-sites rules) or give the answer on a neopets page (ie the Neoboards or Neomail).

The answer has been posted here many times before and we aren't frozen.

Now, I do prefer that people come here for hints or to help each other get how to work out the answer, instead of just coming to be lazy and grab the answer to get NP. Where's the fun in that? When I post my answer here, it's HOW to get the correct number or word, not the answer itself.
0 Replies