Izzy

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 04:47 pm
aww thanks for the answer
it makes sense now
0 Replies

cjb559113

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 04:50 pm
Lenny answer
So far as I can tell the amount of people needed is 10 people( i worked on this for over three hours). You may want to wait for a second opinion. I may be wrong but this type of math is fresh in my brain because we learned in in pre-algebra last week Very Happy Exclamation
0 Replies

cjb559113

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 04:53 pm
leeny answer
I may be wrong but I tried my hardest. I know ten seems small, so it may be one hundred. Please don't be angry with me if I was wrong
0 Replies

CDX26

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 04:54 pm
I think it's 394 cuz 394 x 8 is about 3150.9 hours
0 Replies

Mark from Neopia

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
Sine, cosine and Tangents....
mmmm,

The answer is actually on the previous page - although with a slight typo that will confuse people who do not understand the rest of the solution.

C'mon, you have to do a little bit of work to earn the points!! Twisted Evil

Good Luck to all

M
0 Replies

Izzy

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:11 pm
oh im confused now. so is the nswr 131 or 132?
0 Replies

CDX26

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:47 pm
Actually on the last page was the amount of days it would take for one person, neopets is asking how many people it would take to plant all of the berries in three days
0 Replies

archunan m

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:15 pm
hmm, according to the answer on the last page, i come up with the answer, 44....kinda weird how i got it, but, if it takes 131 days to complete the job for 1 person, you would have to divide 131 by 3 (amount of days) to get how much people it will take to do the job in 3 days... coincidensly, 44 is also the number of how much times faster the person would have to work to finish the job in 3 days...

correct me if im wrong, thanks

archie
0 Replies

archunan m

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:16 pm
hmm, according to the answer on the last page, i come up with the answer, 44....kinda weird how i got it, but, if it takes 131 days to complete the job for 1 person, you would have to divide 131 by 3 (amount of days) to get how much people it will take to do the job in 3 days... coincidensly, 44 is also the number of how much times faster the person would have to work to finish the job in 3 days...

correct me if im wrong, thanks

archie
0 Replies

archunan m

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:16 pm
sry for the double post, my computer is kinda slow..
0 Replies

archunan m

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:41 pm
UPDATE!!
hey, sry, i made a mistake on my last posts.. because i didnt read stapel's answer thoroughly...

the answer is 131 workers

stapel just made a mistake typing "..][..." and "...)(..." (which means multiplying) instead of dividing, which is what Mark was talking about...

but stapel did get the right answer, im not quite sure about the squares and how he got the area of the overlappy square, im pretty sure i could get it if i kept thinking about it, but anyways, if thats all correct (im trusting it is), then he did do the calculations correct for the amount of hours/days/workers, the most propable answer is 131 workers, if im wrong, please forgive me and stapel....well anyways... good luck...
0 Replies

larryla

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:00 pm
I know the answer but i'm not telling you cheapos
I hate people who tell answers.. its not fair to the system.. lack of ethics and integrity..... BTW u got it wrong... a small error in the workings Smile
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:16 pm
Yes, but....
larryla wrote:
I hate people who tell answers.. its not fair to the system.

It might not be "fair", but it saves a lot of math tutors a lot of time.

I know (from professional experience) that scores of users are looking for somebody to give them the answer without them having to put any effort into the process. Now, instead of them posting this problem dozens of times each on a dozen different tutoring forums, often pretending that this is a crucial homework assignment, the people who don't want to do the work themselves can all come to one place to copy.

I mean, getting the answer is kinda the whole point of this forum, isn't it? :wink:

Eliz.
0 Replies

silver streak

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:30 pm
so the answer is 131 people?
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:14 pm
Hey i need help with the Lenny Conundrum for March 24 2005
Hey i suck at this and im new....and about the farm thing on the Lenny Conundrum i dont get a single thing they mean..so can someone just post the answere plz?
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:15 pm
and when i mean i suck i mean i suck on the Lenny Conundrum lol
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
anyone here?
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:17 pm
okay never mind...i did the math problem myself i came up with 131 people
0 Replies

archunan m

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 09:19 pm
wow, BigDog, your seriously messed..no offence

but nice try, yes we understand you suck at lenny conundrum, so why would you want the answer and try it out, you didnt even understand how to get the answer.. and for that other person who was saying writing the answer here is cheap or something, well its not really that we're giving the answers here, and also, how did you find this site? by looking up "lenny conundrum answers" or something like that??..hmm...lol, im going to admit, thats how i found this site, but only to check that my answer was right...but atleast now, i could help other people find the answers too.. which is what this forum is about, not telling other people the answer, that'd be pretty dumb, because there is a 2,000,000 nps domination to all the people who got the answer right, and if you tell other people the answer, the amount you get (if your right) will decrease obviousy... so anyways, this forum is to help other people understand the problems better so they'll get used to it and figure out more on their own later and even help other people out... im still in the learning process as well, as most people are... the lenny conundrum is HARD most of the time, and thats why even the experts help each other out here, so if you came here for the answer, get lost, we only want to help you get the answer, although some people are posting the answer here (i did also, but only carrying on from someone else's work), well anyways, lets just keep this forum answer-free, and helpful, and make the learners learn something, not spoon-feed the answer to them... if you think im a newbie at lenny conundrum,, your right, most people are, although i did win a few times, once being second place and getting a trophy for it (check out my profile, username- archunan_m), wel anyways, lets all stick to helping each other out, not giving the answer away, thanks...

later
0 Replies

Mark from Neopia

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 01:30 am
I agree with some of the previous posts. Giving massive hints, but not the final answeris good practice. Doing this means that the individuals have to understand the hint, to be able to work out the final step.

Its obvious from some answers, that most people want spoon feeding. Stapel (on Page 24 of this board) has done a fantastic calculation, giving 99% of the answer, but made a slight error in he final line.

Because I undersood Stapel's workings (thank you Stapel, I was trying to work out angles using tangents, cosines etc!!) , the mistake was quite obvoius to me. But others have not worked through it, just takinging the answer on face value, and then question how to get from days to people!!

The only other comment i'd make about the answer is to re-read the final sentence of the Conundrum.

Bye for now

M
0 Replies