NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

BigDog

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:15 am
Lol,....i got the answere...i looked what other people said and i didnt get a thing they were saying but when i looked at it closer i found out...that they are right with the answere 101...
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:18 am
so...i understand what ur saying and all..but i got the answere..
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:19 am
but hold on...is 101 even right?
0 Replies

BigDog

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:25 am
i got the wrong answere...its not a big deal..il be here on next thursday and archunan_m has a point no one should say the answere here....you should olny help out
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:11 pm
Um... what?
BigDog wrote:
no one should say the answere here....you should olny help out

Then why did your first post state the following?

BigDog wrote:
...can someone just post the answere plz?

Especially when the worked solution had already been posted on the preceeding page...? :wink:

Eliz.
0 Replies

larryla

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:51 am
Its really unfair for those who actually have to work the answers out...

Remember.. when u tell the answers, you are shrinking the prize.. remember last time, ppl kept telling the answer and our final prize np was only 245 np... you don't want that to happen again...

What the heck r u talking bout Stapel.. why would a tutor help on such a easy lousy math problem.. you just have to have common sense and know how to divide and subtract...
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:04 am
For what it's worth, the angle between the squares is irrelevant. The fact that the vertex of the large square is at the center of the small square guarantees that the overlap is 1/4 the area of the small square.

To convince yourself, extend the sides of the large square until they meet the sides of the small square. The small square will be divided into four congruent regions.
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:10 am
Re: ...
larryla wrote:
Its really unfair for those who actually have to work the answers out.

Some member of Neopets only have to post the answer, while other members have to show their work?

larryla wrote:
Stapel.. why would a tutor help on such a[n] easy...problem[?]

The volunteers on tutoring forums can only answer the questions that are asked. Why not answer an easy one?

larryla wrote:
you just have to have common sense and know how to divide and subtract.

And yet people were posting to this very thread saying that the problem was impossibly difficult, even after it had been fully worked and the solution provided. Don't condemn the tutors for the laziness of others. (If it makes you feel any better, though, many tutoring forums are banning Conundrums as abusive.)

Eliz.
0 Replies

PinkRockz

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:42 am
Quote:
And yet people were posting to this very thread saying that the problem was impossibly difficult, even after it had been fully worked and the solution provided. Don't condemn the tutors for the laziness of others. (If it makes you feel any better, though, many tutoring forums are banning Conundrums as abusive.)

i just wanted to reply to that. first of all, neopets is a website geared towards children.. a lot of which havent even gotten into the later years of middle school yet. second, there are a lot of people who just happen to be bad at math.. such as myself. comdemning the tutors for the laziness of others is an unfair thing to say because not all people can even do simple equations.. which doesnt make them lazy.. just unable to solve a problem mathematically. i am 21 years old and i dropped out of high school for health reasons in the 9th grade... so i technically havent completed anything higher than 8th grade math, which isnt very complicated at all. what is simple to one person might be impossible to another person.

btw, im not saying this to you stapel.. my reply is to several posts ive seen.. it was just what you said that i wanted to respond directly to. i think it is wrong that people are now being criticized for helping others. some people need help, and others WANT to help. ugh.. nobody should criticize.. thats what this message board is for...
0 Replies

stapel

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:00 pm
PinkRockz wrote:
i think it is wrong that people are now being criticized for helping others. some people need help, and others WANT to help....thats what this message board is for...

Exactly. I mean, look at the title of this thread: "NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here". I'm just trying to help. Very Happy

Eliz.
0 Replies

schwamm girl

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:57 pm
I think you all are making way too big of a deal about this.. it's only for fun.. and if some kid, whos never gotten a lenny conundrum right in his life, comes to the board finds the answer, or how to do it, gets it right, and it makes his day, i think it's worth it.. even if the prizes do only end up being 200NP or so.. it's just better competition for the people who know how to do it to get it sent in fast enough to get a good prize & trophy. Smile
0 Replies

satanonholiday

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 11:42 am
ok this is stupid... if you think this forum gives away answers and you dont like it don't look at the damn answers! and those that want help and want the answers can look... also neopets is a game.... NP is not real money and any person can make up to 10,000NP everyday so it isnt really a big deal if they only make 200NP on the lenny conundrum.... it is meant to be for fun... or quite simply if your like me... a site to waste some time on!
0 Replies

silver streak

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:45 pm
I agree with schwamm_girl and satanonholiday, remeber guys neopets isn't REAL!
0 Replies

satanonholiday

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 04:08 pm
the next on is:

Bartleby the Skeith was bored one morning, and decided to pull out an empty Armada board and some Armada pieces. He filled the entire board with random Armada pieces, one in each space. Then, he emptied the whole board and did it again. And then again, and then again. He decided to keep doing it until he filled the board with every possible combination of pieces.

Lenny Conundrum

Welcome to Lenny Conundrum. Every week I will set a new riddle for you to guess. Entering the competition is free, and all correct answers will split the 2,000,000 Neopoint prize pool. So the fewer people that get it correct, the more Neopoints you'll earn, so don't tell anyone the answer! Also, the first 250 correct answers will receive an additional prize, a trophy and the Lenny Avatar!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT : Some people have been creating multiple accounts to enter the Lenny Conundrum multiple times, to win multiple prizes or to improve the chances of winning. Please do not do this, it makes the game unfair for others. We will freeze the accounts of people that we find doing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wheee! We have a High Score Table now!

The current prize for the first 250 correct entries is a Pirate Warning Sign. You will also get a cool trophy that people can see when they do a user lookup on you! And all correct entries will split the 2,000,000 Neopoint prize pool.

THIS WEEKS PUZZLE - ends next Thursday most probably

Bartleby the Skeith was bored one morning, and decided to pull out an empty Armada board and some Armada pieces. He filled the entire board with random Armada pieces, one in each space. Then, he emptied the whole board and did it again. And then again, and then again. He decided to keep doing it until he filled the board with every possible combination of pieces.

If it takes him 30 seconds to set up and then empty the board each time, how long will it take him to set up every possible combination? Please round to the nearest year.
0 Replies

sundew16

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 04:15 pm
i am getting 1.9726 comes up 2 years,it's just my guess...
0 Replies

bluezaphire

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:21 pm
Lenny Conundrum #111
Hi, Does anyone know how many pieces the Armada Game has?
0 Replies

inuyashaboy05

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:26 pm
new lenny conundrum

If it takes him 30 seconds to set up and then empty the board each time, how long will it take him to set up every possible combination? Please round to the nearest year
0 Replies

Sari

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:32 pm
I'm getting confused on the actual number of combinations. (obviously Razz) In my thinking, because the Armada board has 88 squares, and he is filling it up in *any* possible way, there are up to 176 pieces (88 white and 88 black). I tried figuring all combinations of a very simplified Armada board: four squares. I got 14 different combinations, which I can list if I need to, but I can't figure out for the life of me what to plug into the calculator to *get* that. 4_P_2 gives me 12, not 14...

Any thoughts?
0 Replies

Kaidou

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:51 pm
Wow, this one is confusing... there are 88 squares, each with 2 posibilities.

that's 2 to the power 88...which gives a ridiculously large number...3.094850098x10 to the power 26

1 combination per 30 sec
2 per minuite
120 per hour
2880 per day
1051200 per year

3.094850098x10 to the power 26 / 1051200 = 2.944111585x10 to the power 20 years to finish? someone correct me cuz this seems really wrong...
0 Replies

Sari

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 05:56 pm
Aha! Nevermind, I missed two possibilities, which makes the formula for possible places...either 2^4 or 4^2.... Razz it makes for the same number... *sigh* I guess I'll have to try a slightly larger "board"
0 Replies