NeoPets Riddles (Lenny Conundrums) and Answers Here

007penguin

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:00 pm
A Brown Scorchio, a Red Krawk, a Yellow Lenny, a Green Tuskaninny and a Blue Chomby were all playing Sutek's Tomb. The Lenny got 1561 points, and the Scorchio got 6364 points.

What was the sum of all of their scores?

how are we supposed to figure this out? and if anyone knows the asnwer, could you please share this information and explain how you got the answer please? thank you! I don't get it....
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 04:09 pm
wow, i feel really stupid, I just found the asnwer on this board....wow.... just ignore me and my ulitmite stupidity..... I'm gonna go die in a hole now, I'm choking on my stupidty
0 Replies

Isfan

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:47 pm
profsnapefan wrote:
Yeah, I got like 127 nps from the last one, or something like that. It's not really worth it if you don't get in the first. Am kinda hoping I got in on this one fast enough to be one of the first 200.....

Well the good news is that the first 250 correct answers get a trophie. Very Happy
0 Replies

profsnapefan

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 10:16 pm
Re: Whoa.,..
profsnapefan wrote:
Just realized I reversed my TCG & Actual numbers on two of those

Should be:

1561 + 6364 + 10114 + 5374 + 9231 = 32644

Oops - sorry my first time trying to solve one of these Smile

Just thought I would put answer on this page, plus don't want anyone to get confused with the first answer I gave where had made a minor error.
0 Replies

dolphy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 07:35 pm
Thanks for the help, i just got this neomail.

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (Round 107). We have given you 606 NP.

Still waiting for that avatar....
Good luck with the next lenny question.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:30 pm
What percentage of users answering this question will get it correct?

Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct.
0 Replies

Isfan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:41 pm
nacine82 wrote:
What percentage of users answering this question will get it correct?

Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct.

Basicly the premise of this Conundrum is a complete and total random guess. The goal is to guess the percentil of users who will share your guess. The easiest way for everyone to win is for everyone to enter 100%, but no everyone will, so that is most definitly likely not to be the answer.

This conundrum is very ill-fortuned though, for it leads to open ended issues. Say that 10% of users guess that 10% of the users will win, 40% of the users guess that 40% will win, and 50% guess that 50% will win. Whichever percentil they randomly pick to be the winner will have all those users be correct.

The trick to this conundrum, though, is that for them to have a proper answer, a certain percentil must have the same percentil of users guessing it. For instance: If 10% guess 50%, 40% guess 10%, and 50% guess 10%. In this case, once again, it is at Neopet's discression to be able to pick which of these users gets to be the winner. So really, this conundrum is a challenge on two levels: Have an equal number of users pick the same percentage as the one you picked, then if multiple percentages are accurate you have to predict which Neopets will choose as the winner. The second level is to consider that the chances of a percentage of users picking a percentage as the answer is very slim, then you have to consider what Neopets' reasoning will be for picking which incorrect answer they will list as their correct answer.

The only true tips I can give you are: Don't pick 0% and don't pick 100%, and you may want to shoot for a number that is lower than 50%.
0 Replies

Isfan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 08:44 pm
dolphy wrote:
Thanks for the help, i just got this neomail.

Congratulations! You have guessed correctly in the Lenny Conundrum game (Round 107). We have given you 606 NP.

Still waiting for that avatar....
Good luck with the next lenny question.

I was sure I was going to get it this time... but I too only got the cash reward.
I guess we'll all be sitting around on our hands to see if our local genius for the last Conundrum, the Prof, earned the avatar.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:00 pm
i have been hearing people say that 99 would be the best answer.. i dont really understand this lenny
0 Replies

RKfan

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 09:49 pm
LC
Unfortunately I didn't think this through before answering and I put 1% since I figured that everyone would guess a different number and only 1% would get it right. But read the last part again.

'Please round to the nearest whole number. Please do not include any characters in your answer other than numbers. This includes spaces, punctuation, or percentage signs. If there is no correct answer, we'll pick whatever answer comes closest to being correct.'

The answer lies in the first sentence. Remember that when you right a percentage out mathematically, it is a decimal. For example, 1% would be .01; 67% would be .67; and 100% would be 1 (a whole number!). So it doesn't matter how much percent of people get it right, the only option is 100% because its the only whole number!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this seems to make sense.
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:02 pm
That thing about 100% being the only right answer seems to make sense to me. Good idea!
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:06 pm
rkfan: now that I think about it, I'm not sure if that's right. I think tnt is just making things simpler by saying to round. it's a heack of a lot easier for them, and for everyone; think about it.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:26 pm
man that really sounds like that's the answer.. grr at this lenny.. well atleast i was close when i was saying 99 .. so 100 is the answer just plain 100.. because it says not to use any characters.. so no decimels as well right?
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:27 pm
now that I think more about the 100% thing, the more I relieze how impossible it is: not everyone will get the question right! i had a talk with my dad about this, becasue I don't get it (which I still don't!) I'm just guessing "50", becaause that would seem to be one of the most common answers. I entered that already, now i just hope I win. You see, you can't say some random number like "78", it has to be a common number, like 50 or 25. ithought about guessing 25, but I ended up guessing 50, I really don't think 50% will get it right, I should have guessed 25, but Oh well, too late now. I'm just going to sit back and see what people come up with, then wait for the right answer.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:29 pm
eeeek im scared to answer it just yet lol
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:30 pm
yes, just enter the number, like "50". it said not to put any percent signs. holy cheese!!! inpiration! I bet only a tiny percent will get it right, becasue sooooooo amny people will enter their answers with % signs on the end! oh my, I wish i would have guessed a smaller number Sad Oh well. you see, people will be afriad of making a mistake once they eneter, so they will put % sugns on the end. but lets say any answer with a % on it is wrong. then only, what, 1, 15 percent wil lget it right? i dunno, I tend to haveweired thoughts, don't listen to me....
0 Replies

007penguin

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:31 pm
I was soooo scared to answer it, becasue I jsut KNEW that once I submitted it I would regret it. Oh well though, we can all try again next time. Smile
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:33 pm
I would put 50% It is the average and the most suitable answer in my opinion.
0 Replies

nacine82

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:37 pm
i think im going to put 1 lol
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:39 pm
nacine82 wrote:
i think im going to put 1 lol

Actually thats probably the right answer as everyone has a one in a hundred chance of getting it right
0 Replies