How do I report a bad Lawyer??

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:35 am
I hired this lawyer to go to trail court for my husband. We had all the witesses ready and evindence to prove him innonuce. My husbands english is not good, and also being held by immigration when he was arrested for this charge of argravted misdemeanor. Waited 3 months and then the lawyer went behind my back and promised my husband that if he pleaded guilty to a lesser charge he could get out of jail. So he pledged guilty to a simple misdeminder that he did not do and was but on a no content order with the family who had him arrested. And the day of the court the lawyer I hired wasn't even there. He had another go for him, from a different law firm, and that lawyer couldn't understand why my husband was pleading guilty when all the evidence showed he didn't do anything. --- Well after court he went back to jail and was never released and immigration came and took him to another jail. What forms do I need or who can I get ahold of to report this lawyer??? Please help!! This lawyer took all my savings I had. I cannot afford another now cause I am living on disability.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 956 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 10:44 am
What is an "aggravated misdemeanor"?

You should know that if the lawyer was representing your husband, his client was your husband, and not you. That being said, if you think the lawyer violated the rules of professional responsibility, you can file a complaint with the State's disciplinary administrator's office.
0 Replies

Jason 2781

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 03:29 pm
How do I report a bad lawyer
To be honest with you there is nothing against a attorney having another attorney go and sit in for him at a hearing. I feel for the current situation that you are in. You will have to find another attorney that is willing to pick up the slack that the previous attorney left behind and file an appeal. If you are really upsent and want to report this attorney for what he did, you will have to contact you local BAR association and file a grievance against him.
0 Replies