Pre-MODded phpBB

mrcolj

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 05:10 pm
Sorry to start a new topic for something that's undoubtedly been covered elsewhere. I just don't know the buzzwords to search for.

I recently upgraded from phpbb 2.0.6 to 2.0.11, and something went wrong. You can click to my site from my profile if you want to see it, but basically the page is blank. I've tried finding the problem (it must be conflicting with some kind of mod somewhere), and I figure at this point it may be easier to just reinstall phpBB. My question (unless someone can help with the phpbb problem itself) is 1) what is the buzzword I search for if I'm looking for a pre-modded package? 2) Is there a pre-modded package that includes the SEO genius of able2know, or one recommended by Craven, etc.? 3) It needs also be 2.0.11 ready, lest I face the same issue again...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,437 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 09:22 pm
Re: Pre-MODded phpBB
mrcolj wrote:
1) what is the buzzword I search for if I'm looking for a pre-modded package?

pre-modded, fully modded, full package etc etc

Quote:
2) Is there a pre-modded package that includes the SEO genius of able2know, or one recommended by Craven, etc.?

Not that I know of. I saw some try to incorporate my code but my code is the anti-thesis to their projects as it's aim is SEO and useability and not a haphazard attempt to put every mod out there (regardless of quality, compatibility and buginess) into a package.

I have yet to see one that is not a bloated horror.

I have considered releasing one, but have not had the time so far.
0 Replies

mrcolj

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:14 am
Well I hereby request that you do sometime. Smile I'm not looking for anything fancy, pretty much just phpbb with your seo mod, maybe attachment mod, statistics mod, country and state flags, and the mod that keeps two people from having the same avatar.

While we're at it, I'm not able to find a listing of the MODs on this site, which would allow me to fake the same thing... Is there one, or can we now create one?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:33 pm
mrcolj wrote:
Well I hereby request that you do sometime. Smile I'm not looking for anything fancy, pretty much just phpbb with your seo mod, maybe attachment mod, statistics mod, country and state flags, and the mod that keeps two people from having the same avatar.

Personally I am not interested in any of those mods. Except for the attachments mod I think it is all useless bloat and because the attachment mod will become obsolete (Acyd Burn is now part of the phpbb development team and attachments will be in phpbb 2.2.x) I would not do that either.

See why I don't do this? ;-) The people who want "pre-modded" usually want something that I think is not a good thing.

Quote:
While we're at it, I'm not able to find a listing of the MODs on this site, which would allow me to fake the same thing... Is there one, or can we now create one?

The overwhelming majority of the changes I made are not packaged mods and are code changes I have not had time to package and distribute.
0 Replies