death..

navigator

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:39 am
So, let's speak about death here.What is death?!, and how different cultures defined death?.Is it another world, or is it the end?.For people who believe in the hereafter, how is it going to be like?

I'm being serious here because last night an old man died-not certain about the age maybe 100-, and he has been suffering of this hemiplegia.If we only think alittle about his life; he couldn't eat by himself, he couldn't wash or clean himself, even it's hard to sleep without assistance in changing his position.

I know that some culture like the ancient Egyptian respected the death very much.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:00 am
Before I reply to your second question, navigator, let me address your first. I don't plan on dying because I have my progeny to think of. If they live (and they will if I have anything to do with it), I'll live on with them through my teachings, my spirit, and, from a literal standpoint, my genes.

As for your second question: what is death? It's all the same thing from whatever culture you come from. Death is always the permanent decay of the body from which point nothing else grows, except maggots and mold. What you're really trying to ask is what comes after death. That's where the cultures vary in their opinion. Personally, I think that it is the end (although I have a tough time believing it).
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:18 am
From a sign in my brother's office:

Dear God...I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather...not screaming in terror like the three guys in the car he was driving.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 02:20 am
Not sure of why that link came into my post...I did not put it there. All I did was type the text...and the link simply showed up.

Sorry about it.
0 Replies

val

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:49 am
Very good, Frank Smile

About the question of life after death.
I don't know anything about it. But if I die and later wake up from the "realm of death", and a glorioius entity comme to me, I would say:
"Identify yourself, please".

But Frank, I know what you would do.
After you raise from the "death valley", and the glorious entity comes to you and says: "I am God", you reply: Prove it, dammit!

We are helpless, Frank, that's the truth. Crying or Very sad

Have a good new year.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:01 am
val wrote:
Very good, Frank Smile

About the question of life after death.
I don't know anything about it. But if I die and later wake up from the "realm of death", and a glorioius entity comme to me, I would say:
"Identify yourself, please".

But Frank, I know what you would do.
After you raise from the "death valley", and the glorious entity comes to you and says: "I am God", you reply: Prove it, dammit!

We are helpless, Frank, that's the truth. Crying or Very sad

Have a good new year.

Have a Happy New Year, yourself, Val...and everyone.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:43 pm
We should postpone this later.

But now, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY
0 Replies