Microsoft XP Phone Dialer..

stuh505

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 11:55 pm
I have this program on my computer and it is continusouly coming up and attempting to dial up calls for no reason...I want to uninstall it, but I cannot find it on my computer! I've searched every file with the word phone in it but it's none of those...it's not in any obvious folders. If anyone knows what the name of the executable file is or where it is found by default I'd appreciate it greatly so I can get RID of it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 927 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Don77

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:06 am
Hi stuh505
Have you tried running a full system scan with your Anti Virus ? Check it for updates and run a full scan,
You should also run a couple online scans,
Go Here BitDefender Scan Online
Run a scan with BitDefender , Be sure and Check Auto Clean. Make a note of anything it can't remove

Next
Go here Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
Be sure and check Auto Clean before you do the scan. If it finds anything that it cannot clean have it delete it or make a note of the file location so you can delete it yourself.

Please go Here and unzip the newest version of HJT into a new dedicated folder,
Create a folder on the C: drive called C:\HJT.
You can do this by going to My Computer (Windows key+e) then double click on C: then right click and select New then Folder and name it hjt. Unzip HijackThis into this folder. Launch Hijack This, then press Scan, and press Save Log
This will generate a text file that will list all running processes, all applications that are loaded automatically when you start Windows, and more.
Most things are harmless and needed so don't make any changes.
post a log here please.

Let's see if it will show us anything
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:37 am
I dont see how it can be a virus...dialer.exe (i found the file) is in my windowssystem folder as well as in the SP2 installatoin folder...I deleted it from both locations...and it STILL keeps coming upa\ and running, I dont even have to be at the computer for it to come up...
0 Replies

Don77

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 06:30 am
Hi stuh505
was thinking it was an evil dialer in which case an Anti Virus program could possibly pick it up,

May want to give Ad-aware and /or spybot a run, If you could post your HJT log it may or may not show us something,
0 Replies