Hey! I have entered the realm of the top fifty!

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 02:55 am
Ceili dear, no hurt feelings I hope. Look, I have so many deadlines ahead, that I jump on any distraction at hand. And this one is readily available at all times. I am now aiming to take over shewolf, not that she knows it yet. but it ain't personal, it's just bidniss.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2005 08:19 pm
Ceili wrote:
Haaaaayyyy!!!

Who you callin' a horse???

LOL Ceili

Sorry bout that ...

You know, I was talking of - grace, beauty, strength - hey, a good horse is worth more than many a friend. Is what Paul Nazaroff tells me.

Quote:
Just as the Normans in their day made use of their mobility upon the seas to spread their influence and culture throughout the West, so these nomads of the steppes of Asia have done the same in the East. The broad belt of grassy plains across the old continent, which has given rise to the peculiar type of nomad Turki and his inseparable comrade, the horse of the steppe, has had enormous influence on the destinies of the settled nations and of civilisation itself.

All distant invasions and the 'migration of peoples' have been possible owing to one single factor, hitherto ignored by historians, and that is the horse of the steppes. This animal is endowed with most valuable qualities of supporting fatigue and of endless endurance and the power of keeping up prolonged hard work on green food only, on mere grazing [..] These outstanding qualities of the steppe horse were fully appreciated and widely used by the great military leaders of Asia, conquerors, Jenghiz Khan, Tamerlane and the others, which explains the secret of their success.

The limits of attainment and conquest of the countless hordes of Asia depended not upon the powers of resistance of the subject peoples nor upon their armies, but were defined by the moist meadow grazing, by the cold damp of the north and by the tropical heat of the valleys of India, which were fatal to the horse of the Kirghiz.

Who said "hay"? ;-)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:50 pm
I just wanted to stop by and let Nimh know that I'm breathing down his neck, and I've got my eye on the top 25, baby!!! You're going down, Netherlands boy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:07 pm
Does that mean yer gonna start wearing wooden shoes, kicky?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:07 pm
Hah, I been waiting for you to take over forever now since this thread started heating up, and you took your time boy. Wasnt even so long ago that I gave up on the prospect altogether, thought you'd never make it, started focusing on Montana instead, now she's shown some posting zest these past few days, puts you to shame kid.

Then again, Panzade has just positively been slacking this last month. Come on, the three of you could have gotten past me a long time ago! Whats the matter, eh?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:44 pm
Them's...
0 Replies

kickycan

fighting...
0 Replies

kickycan

words!!!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:46 pm
Hey Dutch Boy! I can't compete with Kicky anymore. I've run out of mindless drivel.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 07:56 pm
Fortunately for me, I seem to have an endless supply of it.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 03:45 am
kickycan wrote:
Fortunately for me, I seem to have an endless supply of it.

Amen to that! In a pitched BS battle twixt Kicky and Gus only the possessor of the negatives would win!!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 04:30 am
Hmm... a few months ago, I was around 150 or so. Now I'm 163. How sad...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:47 am
Well, there you go Kicky. Montana overtook me today, you didn't. Beaten by a woman! Oh boy, can I still take you seriously now? The poster who would be 26th?

<big grin>

smog, I wished we saw more of you ...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 11:50 am
amen to that...but....remember, it's the quality...not the quantity
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 12:59 pm
Thanks! And, yeah, y'know, I'm around a bit. I don't really make long posts anymore. And I don't really do word games anymore. And I end up taking off for weeks at a time. But I'm around. Sometimes. Yeah.
Of course, I'm still not sleeping much, so a lot of the times that I visit here come in the middle of the night, when I don't really have the effort to do much more than type a couple words at a time.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:04 pm
smog, take away an R and an S and we are as one.

Y'sure you don't want me to change it?
0 Replies

smog

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
Hah, no, I think it's great. Smile
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 07:02 pm
Well, you did it Kicky! I'm humbled ... and 27th.

<bows and retreats backward>

Now if just Pan can post those 126 posts extra, too ...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:07 pm
Yeah, baby. Another one bites the dust...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:13 pm
Kicky is over 10000.

I feel so insignificant.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 08:41:19