If you're allowed to clone anyone, would you?

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:54 pm
The USA has just cloned and sold it's first animal for 50K. It was a cat, next they will be doing dogs, and some say eventually humans!

Now for the question..........

Would you want to bring someone that you used to know or loved (or even a good-looking celebrity, person from history, anyone you wanted) back to life for yourself if you had enough money to pay for it???
And if so, who?

PS: By the way, here's the link of the first cloned and sold cat in the usa:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6747736/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 578 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 25 Dec, 2004 09:29 am
Looks like we're on the brink of a new age. The age when humans can be custom-produced. I could get some DNA from Angelina Jolie and clone me my own private perfect prostitute. I could clone myself, so that each time I grew old I would get a child me whom I would reise as I saw fit.

These chains of thought scare me. I am afraid because I do not think that the world is ready for carte blance access to our genepool. There are still too many demons among men who will, as always, use this technology in the cruelest way possible. Plus, it could seriously deflate the value of human life.
But despite all this I can imagine the spiritual value of such research. It could provide us with many answers to questions posed long ago. The soul for instance. If we were to clone a human being, what would happen? The implications are vast...
0 Replies