can someone help me with college selection

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:18 pm
Im a junior and i received a 150 on my Psat's and i dont think that i will do much better on my SAT. i take Honors History and Pre-AP spanish 4 but i have taken all intermediate math, and will continue to do so all the way to int. Trig. i have a weigthed GPA of 3.6 and am active in Keyclub, Model U.N. and i play J.V. baseball. i also do recreational sports. i go to one of the best high schools in the state.

my junior year
Int. geometry- A
honors history 2- B not scaled
Pre - Ap - Spanish 4- B not scaled
english 1 writing- B+
int. alg 2 - havnt had the class
AP spanish 5- " "
chemistry- " "
Gym- " "

my senior year i will take advanced writing honors U.S seminar, int. trig and physics for academics and also classes like phycology and probability and stats.

can you tell me if these colleges are out of my reach
Umass ( i live in MA)
Bryant
Boston University
Assumption
UDelaware
NYU
Colby
Uarizona
virgina tech
and if anyone has any colleges they think would be a fit for me please let me know thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,231 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:28 pm
Quote:
i go to one of the best high schools in the state.

What does you guidance counsellor say?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:55 pm
More Info Please
I doubt that any of these colleges are out of contention, but more importantly, what do you want to study? For example, you list Virginia Tech, but that is an engineering and science school and doesn't match the rest of your list.

Overall, you look like you have a good, well rounded course of study in high school that wouldn't preclude you from any school.
0 Replies

chill3718

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 09:59 pm
school selection
to be honest i want to study and major in business, this is kind of wierd becasue my math is the worst part of my academic, really only becasue its my only level 2 class. i also would like to possibly major in phycology or history. does anyone have any schools that they think i could get into?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:13 pm
You're fine for business
I think you are overly pessimestic about your math scores. A business major with trig and statistics under his belt is way ahead of the game. It might help to have a programing course in there somewhere, but as long as you're familiar with how to nagivate around a computer, you can learn the rest once you are there. Choose schools that are well known for what you want to study and recognize that algebra 1 and a calculator will cover almost all the situations that you will run into unless you are in a science or engineering field.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
ASU has an excellent business program. Not sure if you could get in but its worth a shot.

http://wpcarey.asu.edu/
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:20 pm
Or economics. I have a friend who is planning on grad school economics study, and she wails that she is woefully lacking in math...

Engineer is right, start with what you want to study and find a college with a good program in that discipline.

What do you want to learn? Studies are so much easier if it's something you want to know!
0 Replies

chill3718

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 10:22 pm
id really like to go to Bryant college do you guys think i could get in there
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 12:22 am
Boston University is a private school. If you aren't stupid, and you can afford to go there, they will be more than happy to give you an audition. I made it through four years, it wasn't easy, but being a private university, it gave me a little more leverage over idiot professors than I could ever have had at a public one. And there are idiot professors no matter where you go.
0 Replies