Lemoney Crickett

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:30 pm
So, I took little McG to see "A series of unfortunate events"...

Couple of comments.

1. Jim Carey is a good actor. His character is now at the top of the list as "Most evil villian ever". I have never before seen such evil.

2. It's a dark movie with some funny parts.

3. I would not see it again in the theater.

4. I think it would help to have a better idea of who the characters are before seeing the movie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 795 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 02:49 pm
I'm sure you meant Lemony Snicket but I could be wrong unless Carey burst into a chorus of "When You Wish Upon a Star."
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:09 pm
Jiminey Snicket?

Thanks for the review McG. I was thinking of taking the little ones to see it.

Speaking of dark children's movies, anybody see the City of Lost Children? I think it's French. Very good for adults and maybe older kids.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:30 pm
I'm in the middle of Book the Third. Apparently, the book was sweetened up for the hollywood screenplay.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:34 pm
Me and Seth cub watch the star wars trilogy in its entirety on Christmas Eve or Day every year. Long story but a tradition.

I also always watch "Santa Is Coming" but that's on DVD and I watch it after the cubs have gone to bed :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 24 Dec, 2004 02:27 pm
i wanna know more about that 'not in the theatre' comment. this was on my short list for movies to go to on Christmas Day. hmmmmmm, maybe The Aviator instead?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:48 pm
ehBeth wrote:
i wanna know more about that 'not in the theatre' comment. this was on my short list for movies to go to on Christmas Day. hmmmmmm, maybe The Aviator instead?

It's a renter.

There are no grand moments that need to be seen in the theater to enjoy.

I could definitely have waited to see this on DVD.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Dec, 2004 06:43 pm
Thanks, McG.

We did skip seeing it in theatre based on your initial comment.
0 Replies