It's really difficult for me...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,567 • Replies: 11

roger

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:10 pm
@Peterbor,
It helps if you tell yourself that if you don't do it today, you can never make up for it.
Blickers

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:30 pm
@roger,
Probably helps if you choose an exercise that you enjoy. Are these rehabilitation exercises?
roger

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:32 pm
@Blickers,
Name one.

Never mind. What's the other one.
Peterbor

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 12:40 am
@roger,
Thank you for your suggestion. I think I have to be strit with myself... But there are also anther situation that sometimes I forget to exercise until the second day I realise that...
jespah

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2017 05:43 am
@Peterbor,
Then set a recurring calendar reminder on your phone.
Peterbor

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:24 am
@jespah,
It's a good idea. I will have a try. Hope I can insist exercising at least a month. I will back to the post then.
0 Replies

Peterbor

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 01:30 am
@jespah,
And your avatar is really funny...
jespah

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 07:06 am
@Peterbor,
Aw, thanks. I'm not really an angry dog in a pink bunny suit.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Wed 27 Sep, 2017 12:43 pm
@roger,
Quote roger:
Quote:
Never mind. What's the other one.

LOL Very Happy
Back when I was heavy, my legs would stiffen up when walking two miles. I was putting MSM lotion on the front of the knee, but when I finished walking I found it painful to go up the two front steps to the house. That's when I remembered an old rehab exercise, toe drops, ( think that's what they're called).

The exercise I do is shown from 5:40 through 6:20 on this video:

I don't do 20, I just do 10 reps left foot, 10 reps right foot, and 10 reps both feet together.

What it does, once you get used to the exercise, is stretch the back of your thigh, calf, and the bottom of your foot. After doing this fast, easy exercise for a few weeks, the front my knees didn't hurt after walking two miles. Apparently walking stresses the back of the leg as much as the front, and gently working the leg like this strengthens the back of the leg and makes it more flexible. Once I got used to it, it became a nice relaxing exercise that I actually found pleasurable.
0 Replies

danielhenry12

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 06:57 am
@Peterbor,
Have you any friend circle? If yes than you can try to do exercise through games, which can also help you to build interest on fitness and exercise like jumping on a trampoline. A study carried out by NASA found that 10 minutes bouncing on a trampoline is a better cardiovascular workout than 33 minutes of running.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Fri 4 May, 2018 03:23 pm
I walk about one and a half miles a day in a wild area near my house, not for the exercise but because I enjoy being out there. There are two ponds with turtles and fish that I feed. Although the area is overrun with ligustrum and Japanese Honeysuckle, there is also a pretty decent variety of native plants that are in bloom this time of year.

The point is that if exercise is a chore you won't do it regularly and eventually you'll just stop. You have to do something that you enjoy doing in its own right like tennis or golf or hiking.
0 Replies