Napoleon Dynamite question

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:30 am
I know this is a very specialized question and a difficult one at that, but I would very much appreciate any help with this question.

In the scene where the lowrider rolls up to Napoleon who is standing in the road in the middle of nowhere after he just ran in his suit...what is the song thats playing in the car (it continues thru picking up Trisha)

Thanks so much,

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 6,022 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 23 Dec, 2004 03:52 am
I happen to have the DVD right now, so I listened to it and then listened to each one of the 42 tracks in the soudtrack (samples on Amazon).

Didn't find a match. The song had no words, just a short beat, maybe it wasn't a whole song (just that beat loop).

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

beauchla

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:00 pm
This same blip of a song was used to advertise "She's Having a Baby" way back in the 80's, but wasn't on that soundtrack either. I've been trying to figure this out for 20 years now!
0 Replies

Pro-gress

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2005 08:48 pm
the song is a remix to ,
Zapp and Rogers - So Rough, So Tough

i happen to bboy and this is one of my fav songs. however, the version in the movie sounds like a remix with a lil more instrumental
0 Replies

reasonsbind

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:51 am
question
does anyone know the song name for the very beginning when they show the names of the actual people?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:53 am
This thread has picked up an amazing number of first time posters.

Welcome all. I hope you like it here and stick around...
0 Replies

SportsFan

Reply Mon 5 Mar, 2007 08:23 pm
It's actually called "West Coast Poplock" by zapp and roger troutman. check that one out.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 6 Mar, 2007 03:07 am
Ronnie Hudson released "West Coast Poplock" in the early 80's....{82?}

Zapp {the Troutman bros} released "So Ruff So Tuff" in 81....I think it was on a Roger solo album, but it's basically the same thing.

I honestly don't know who put the song together first, Ronnie's sounds older, at least in style anyway....they may have been performing it for a few years before recording it. But I would say it is Zapp's version that is used in ND.

One thing that is kinda odd, some of the lyrics from Ronnie's version are used in "California Love" and Roger Troutman himself performed on the song.

"More Bounce To The Ounce" also by Zapp is almost a twin to "So Ruff", I often play them back to back.
0 Replies

wspier

Reply Tue 26 Nov, 2013 09:09 pm
@atlrower,
It is: Cantico Errante Di Due D.J. Notturni: Articolo 31. Look it up on Amazon.com.
0 Replies