Running Away

jackie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 04:34 pm
Along the foothills, in and around Chattanooga, there are fanciful streams and wonderful springtime green. Bushes and weeds are about as pretty as florist offerings, trails are tempting, even when you're not sure where they wind up.
On this one day, it was warm- need no 'sleeve', no food, nothing but good eyes and senses, really- and a fresh drink of water. I walked about kind of slow- casting my glances in all directions at once... awed by the difference from my own home and yard.
Dense forests cover the mountains, except where human desire and ability has cut a swath- "city" encroaches all around, so you hafta just 'go around the bend' some- so you cannot be distracted by it.
I went to a waterfall, walked on the damp trails and drank in the aroma of Tennessee. It was southern, it was fantastic, and I like it. So, I am hoping to go again one day.
Some of you write and tell me of a place where you visited, and it engaged ALL your senses! Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,355 • Replies: 6
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 06:01 pm
There are many such places I have visited and I need to think some before I write about the one I choose.

Welcome to A2k jackie and I love Tennessee too.
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 07:56 pm
Thank you for welcoming me, JoanneDorel.
The members here are very friendly and accomodating.
I will come back later. Just enjoyed a lovely fish filet dinner and I am lazy. Soon....
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Thu 13 Feb, 2003 09:46 pm
Welcome....
I wish to offer you a merry welcome. Your post or should I refer to it as an offering of delight from the soul where you share lingering memories of such a beautiful and serene moment with nature. I especially shed and share delight with the simplicity of a bush and weeds being beautiful.
With all of us it is different.... Though to many of us I have found that we share a compassion or a sort of gratitude with many things that some of us on the mere flipside take for granted at times. :wink:
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2003 01:20 pm
Greetings MellowGemini

Girl or guy? Or do you prefer that privacy?

Teaching - and especially a teacher for the challenged student, is such an admirable calling. Thank you from the rest of us for your effort.

I am glad you like the beauty of growing things- whatever classification wherewith 'botany' saddled them.

Later, I would like to allow my emotions and expressions to flow on my trip to the desert. Now THAT, was and emotional experience indeed. But I did not see all of it as beautiful.

I hope to see more of you.

(Ps, question asked -gender- should be shared: I am female- not too young, not too old <grinning> I like to think I am a blonde bombshell, but that would be OTHERS opinion to form. Unmarried, love to write, read, and lay around munching potato or corn chips. Not much else to know.)
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:07 pm
Just A lill M.G Hi
Jackie trip to the dessert huh, I have lived and visited alot of places Though have yet to find home. Through the proccess have seen the dessert along with latley the snow of the East.

M.G is male in gender by the way. :wink:
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:54 pm
I am delighted to meet you MellowGemini.
Remember, Home is where the heart is. Smile
0 Replies