Help to identify a film needed.

tobyh

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:23 am
Hi,

I would like to try an identify the name of a film i have seen recently on a lufthansa flight on the way back from the USA to the UK. The general outline of the plot is as follows:

Set in Paris an author is attending a book signing at a small shop to help promote his new book. He tells us the book is about a single night he spent with a woman some ten years previously. Although he is reluctant at first to say it transpires the book is autobiographical and has been written in a subcontious attempt to try and make contact with the girl whom he has not seen since 'the night'. Before the signing is over the girl who has heard about the book (and read three times as we find out later) suddenly appears and the author is taken aback and very nearly loses himself infront of the press. Afterwards they meet and he agrees to accompany her to a nearby cafe she knows, before they leave the bookshop the author is reminded by his agent that he must not miss his flight which departs shortly.

For the rest of the film we follow them through the streets of paris as they discuss why they have not seen each other since their special night. We find out that he is married, though not happily and we hear about the girls many fialed relationships which has led to a total distrust of men. All the while we are aware that the author has a flight to catch despite his continual efforts to spend just a few minutes more in her company. The film culminates in her flat with them both reminiscing over a favourite song and end with the realisation that he is not going to get his flight after all.

The simplicity of this film struck me more that anything, the emphasis is very much on the dialogue which touches on some very poinient issues. It came as a very refreshing change to the high-tech opulance that seems to be very much the flavour of the month at the moment to the expence of good quality storylines and dialogue.

The only problem is that i do not know the title or any of the names of the actors in it. If anyone could shed any light on this mystery i would be very greatful.

Toby.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 354 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 10:47 am
I haven't seen either film, but this sounds like it might be the sequel to "Before Sunrise", "Before Sunset", with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381681/
0 Replies

tobyh

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 11:08 am
Thanks!
Mystery solved, thanks very much!

Toby.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:31 pm
You're welcome!

Would like to see it myself sometime.