Bush to bring peace to Israel/Palestine?

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:11 pm
Quote:

Bush confident of bringing peace to Middle East
President George Bush has predicted he will bring peace to Israel and the Palestinians during his second term in office, making a strikingly bold assessment of his foreign policy goals for the next four years.

"I want you to know that I am going to invest a lot of time and a lot of creative thinking so that there will finally be peace between Israel and the Palestinians," Mr Bush told the Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth.

"I am convinced that, during this term, I will manage to bring peace."

Mr Bush entered the White House determined not to follow the path of his predecessor, Bill Clinton, who devoted much of his presidency's capital to an ultimately fruitless search for a settlement in the Holy Land.

But as he prepares for the start of his second term in a month, Mr Bush sees the elusive quest for peace in the Middle East as a principal ambition of his presidency.

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,110 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 08:11 pm
He won't be bringing dress sense.....

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/12/20/georgebush_ent-lead__200x376.jpg
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:20 am
If he achieve he will be the second guy who has been chosen for the person of the year by TIME for 3 times. :wink:
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:08 am
As the old Vulcan proverb goes...

"Only Nixon could go to China."
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:25 am
Actually, I think he said, "I will bring peas[/i] to Israel/Palestine.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:26 pm
The last time a bush tried to sort things out in the M/East.

http://www.mcgillfineart.com/gallery-images/mosesandtheburningbush.jpg

This ended up with everyone resident in Palestine/Canaan DEAD. This fact pleased the Invisible Sky Being no end, must have a very... odd sense of humour.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:00 pm
Where there is life there is hope. I believe there is a good chance that peace will come to that region. In part because of his efforts.
0 Replies

soccamon

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 03:13 am
I believe the world is deterierating to a downward spiral destined for only one thing. The rapture is closer than anyone can and is willing to accept. I don't mean to be religious, just truthful. It started with the creating of the Holy Land and shall end with the Holy Land...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:47 am
You say rapture I say rupture. Let's turn the whole thing off. Laughing Laughing Laughing
By the way when you leave please take Bush and his merry men with you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 11:21 am
I sure wish the rapture had happened before the elections. I have the feeling the results would have been much better.
0 Replies