Do you believe there are Angel's among us?

Lady J

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:41 am
theantibuddha wrote:
*looks around at the world*

Are there angels amongst us?

... Clearly not enough.

Ahhh, but when you do find that one, it is a very liberating experience. And they usually come to you, so you probably wouldn't be able to tell right off the bat just by looking. Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:25 am
Lady J wrote:
Ahhh, but when you do find that one, it is a very liberating experience. And they usually come to you, so you probably wouldn't be able to tell right off the bat just by looking. Smile

I know several people that by moral metaphorical standards could be described as angels.

One person I know is one despite his best attempts to be otherwise. As much as he wishes, he could he can never resist the call to duty. If he sees someone suffering he will step in and assist them, then he complains about doing so afterwards (not to the person, to me).
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 09:28 am
theantibuddha wrote:
I know several people that by moral metaphorical standards could be described as angels.

One person I know is one despite his best attempts to be otherwise. As much as he wishes, he could he can never resist the call to duty. If he sees someone suffering he will step in and assist them, then he complains about doing so afterwards (not to the person, to me).

Never the less, I wish there were more... Or perhaps I wish that they weren't necessary. If there were less "devils" we wouldn't need anywhere near as many "angels". Perhaps if we all found the middle ground we could all co-exist happily there without having to go to the extreme effort involved in being such an angel.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:52 pm
I'm not sure the people who actually are the angels among us really have to go to an extreme effort in being such an angel. It is not what they do but more who they are intuitively, instinctually, like your friend even though he may grump about it afterwards. Even angels have the right to grump now and then. But it doesn't stop them from their calling..... Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 11:38 am
Lady J wrote:
I'm not sure the people who actually are the angels among us really have to go to an extreme effort in being such an angel.

My friend (to whom I refered) has never in his life been able to simply enjoy a party because he's continually spent them taking care of those who get drunk, sick or agressive (though now he and I tag team such things so at least one of us will enjoy it). That's just one example of the sacrifices it takes to be an "angel".

Quote:
Even angels have the right to grump now and then.

Darn tootin'... though usually it's only the other angels who listen.

Quote:
But it doesn't stop them from their calling..... Smile

As much as they might wish otherwise.
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
Well. When I hear the word angel, I think of God´s agels with wings and all that. And, I dont belive in people who came here from heaven to watch over us. But I DO belive that there are sertain people, of flesh and bones, with a sertain "ability" to take care of people, or how I should express it. Some days I belive in these kind of "things" and some I dont. And I think its really about oneself. Whatever you belive in exist, you know what I mean? It exist for YOU and thats the important thing. Its wonderful and secure to belive that there is someone looking after you, and it might help you in life, just by beliving in it.
And I think this goes for everything that has to do with religion. People NEED to belive, otherwise there is no purpose in living. Cause life gets more "exiting" and meaningful when you belive for instance that there is someone watching over you, doesnt it? Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 11:55 pm
LuckyStar wrote:
People NEED to belive, otherwise there is no purpose in living.

Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Cause life gets more "exiting" and meaningful when you belive for instance that there is someone watching over you, doesnt it? Smile

Paranoid schizophrenics get all the fun.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 10:53 am
theantibuddha wrote:
Lady J wrote:
I'm not sure the people who actually are the angels among us really have to go to an extreme effort in being such an angel.

My friend (to whom I refered) has never in his life been able to simply enjoy a party because he's continually spent them taking care of those who get drunk, sick or agressive (though now he and I tag team such things so at least one of us will enjoy it). That's just one example of the sacrifices it takes to be an "angel".

Quote:
Even angels have the right to grump now and then.

Darn tootin'... though usually it's only the other angels who listen.

Quote:
But it doesn't stop them from their calling..... Smile

Kind of like those random acts of kindness we witness, partake in, benefit from or hear about every now and then. I like you and your angelic friend's tag team approach you mentioned. Sharing the load of a friend really doesn't take that much sacrifice at all, does it? Smile

And I agree that grumping to another "angel" is relief in itself. Who else would really listen or care?

Quote:
As much as they might wish otherwise.

Deep down do you really think they wish it were different?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 11:16 am
LuckyStar wrote:
Well. When I hear the word angel, I think of God´s agels with wings and all that. And, I dont belive in people who came here from heaven to watch over us. But I DO belive that there are sertain people, of flesh and bones, with a sertain "ability" to take care of people, or how I should express it. Some days I belive in these kind of "things" and some I dont. And I think its really about oneself. Whatever you belive in exist, you know what I mean? It exist for YOU and thats the important thing. Its wonderful and secure to belive that there is someone looking after you, and it might help you in life, just by beliving in it.
And I think this goes for everything that has to do with religion. People NEED to belive, otherwise there is no purpose in living. Cause life gets more "exiting" and meaningful when you belive for instance that there is someone watching over you, doesnt it? Smile

Actually, I don't see angels as religious at all. At least not in this context. And the existence or acceptance of them has nothing to do with them looking over "me". That would be a bit selfish and egotistical on my part. Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 02:25 pm
Lady J wrote:
Deep down do you really think they wish it were different?

Yes.
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:55 pm
Re: Do you believe there are Angel's among us?
IrisDawn wrote:
Some ANGEL'S wear

wings of silken white and

golden robes so grand.

Some walk the earth in

blue jeans and lend a

helping hand.

What are your thoughts?

I think that there are angels among us.

Smile
0 Replies