Do you believe there are Angel's among us?

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 11:24 pm
Some ANGEL'S wear

wings of silken white and

golden robes so grand.

Some walk the earth in

blue jeans and lend a

helping hand.

What are your thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,361 • Replies: 30
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 02:01 am
I believe supernatural creatures walk the earth, yes.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:07 pm
There is no supernatural. If there were, it would be natural.
No angels.

Now, it's my turn to ask a question:

Have you ever seen the impossible? And I don't mean the "million to one chances improbable". I mean impossible. Like a big neon red message in the sky or a personal message from god to you written out in your pudding or something?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:15 pm
Yes, I believe Angels walk among us.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:19 pm
Yes, i believe so also.
But I do not believe they are the cute chubby 'cherub' angels we all picture.
i think that angels are a part of our spirits, a piece of our energy. Some may say family members.. or what have you,
I believe that angels are NOT guardians, but familiar people/energy to us. They are here because they know us, not because we are thier 'job'. I think that if they do save us, or guide us it is by thier choice and not by thier duty.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:20 pm
'a helping hand'

I can't recall too many of the angels that appear in the relevent literature doing much of anything.... the Angel of Death springs to mind. Care to meet him?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:22 pm
Shewolf, well said.

I too think that they could be anyone. From the homeless man on the street to some old gentleman sitting on a park bench. Sometimes I wonder if its a test, just to see how we'd treat another. (or atleast my mother has always told that)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 09:53 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
'a helping hand'

I can't recall too many of the angels that appear in the relevent literature doing much of anything.... the Angel of Death springs to mind. Care to meet him?

I shook his hand.
His breath stunk.
Laughing
0 Replies

IrisDawn

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 11:00 pm
binnyboy,

Do you consider a near-death experience the impossible? If so, yes I have seen the impossible
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 12:00 am
"winning" in russian roulette is a near-death experience. So do you mean a vision? Like a dream, or something that somebody like me might call a hallucination? If this is what you mean, then, I would tend to respect this. If, that is, you truly believe that it is not a hallucination. If you know it's a hallucination... well... it's just a hallucination.

But is this what you mean? Then I will relate my experience on this.
0 Replies

IrisDawn

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 11:39 am
It actually was not a "near-death" experience, as I was actually dead but something brought me back
0 Replies

Etruscia

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 12:23 pm
You brought yourself back.
0 Replies

binnyboy

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
OK... and you retain experiences from this time? and these are your reasons for a firm belief in god? I'm not attacking I'm just being sure I get it right (probably before I attack Smile )

Or is it just that something brought you back, inexplicably? Just want to be clear.

If the prior is what you mean, I know a guy that is completely convinced that he has been to heaven and seen his little room there. He saw his table with a golden cup and a small crown and a little bit of heaven in his dream. He was told in this dream that this would be his room in heaven by god himself. All during a dream. And he believes this is completely true. This guy relating his experience to me is a big reminder to me every day to be critical of what I'm a-thinkin'.
0 Replies

ForeverYoung

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2004 05:42 pm
IrisDawn wrote:
It actually was not a "near-death" experience, as I was actually dead but something brought me back

Please clarify "actually dead." People can appear dead for up to 4 minutes, (unsure if that is exact...sorry), yet have no brain impairment upon being "brought back" to life.
0 Replies

antigodsquad

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
My father went to an auction, and a woman came up to him (out of no where) and told him he was very lucky. Then she proceeded to say that he had many guardian angels. My father asked her how she knew(because he thought she was crazy) and she said, you know when you walk out of a room or you turn your head and you see something out of the corner of your eye, that's your guardian angel watching over you. Ever since that, I beleive in angels.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:16 pm
Absolutely, positively, most definitely without a doubt. I believe. One of them is my sister. And I can tell you why.....

My sister was married for 31 years, had one child and two grandchildren at the time of her death when she was just 49 years old. Her grandsons were 3 and 1 1/2 years old at the time Shortly after her death, both of her grandsons were in her backyard playing and they both stopped simultaneously and were looking skyward and then they both began to giggle and laugh, still looking up. My mom and their mother were watching this for a bit and then went out and asked the oldest boy Joey (remember he is just 3) what they were laughing about. He said, "Nana is being silly! Look mom!" Mom of course looked and saw nothing. Had this happened only once, it could have been dismissed, but in the three years since my sisters death, similar occurrences have taken place often, sometimes with both boys, sometimes with just one. Apparently she always brings them joy and makes them giggle and laugh and now that the youngest who is almost 4 1/2 can and does talk about it too, I cannot help but believe......
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:22 pm
I 100% believe in angels... I actually asked this once...Here is my thread
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 01:35 pm
I can't say that I believe there are angels among us but I try to live my life as if there are.
0 Replies

Rancid

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 07:54 pm
This is my experience with angels.

One time I was constipated and couldn't take a dump even though I needed to go really bad. I was sitting on the toilet for about half an hour trying to force it out and nothing happened. Then, suddenly out of nowhere I felt a numbness in my prostate and the poo started to fall! I beleive an angel shoved his/her hand up my butt and released the blockage.

Smile
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 04:10 am
*looks around at the world*

Are there angels amongst us?

... Clearly not enough.
0 Replies