Xbox vs PS2 vs game cube

Seed

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 12:41 pm
So there seems to be little to no converstation in this place so lets see who likes what and who whats what. Tell me which system you perfer. If you hate PS2 let it be known. If you love Game Cube because of the party platform games lets here it.

i myself am a huge xbox fan. For one reason... HALO! Wheither its the squeal or the orginal it doesnt matter. Plus i think it has better graphics and smoother game play. But thats just me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,814 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 05:05 pm
I like all 3 for different reasons:

PS2: Quantity of games and since it's the standard now the multi-platform games are mostly design for it's controller plus... Winning Eleven.

GC: I grew up playing Nintendo so I still have a soft spot for them, and while they continue to make great Nintendo games they'll still have a great fanbase and my vote.

XBOX: The online system is superb and...

I just realized I like the 3 of them for their exclusives, Nintendo taking first place.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Thu 16 Dec, 2004 09:31 pm
ah i agree, with most of your comments Joe, though I HATE the PS2 controler. I just cant use it well. Never have been able to. Though you are right aobut the exclusives. they all have great titles that are just for the systems.
0 Replies

mc awsome

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 05:05 pm
XBOX - has to be my favourite aswell for all the same reasons HALO 2

GAMECUBE - i really like the gamceube even tho some of the games can be a little childish but some of the games are really cool like for example - LUIGIS MANSION - DOUBLE DASH -SUPER SAMSH BROS MEELE and cant forget - SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE thats a legend of a game. But i do not like the childish ones like - POKEMON COLLICEUM thats sucks you will never see me buying that.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:13 pm
i like my psone, ps2, xbox, n64, gba, gc

don't make me decide
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 19 Dec, 2004 10:14 pm
oh you dont have to decide... just say what you like best about them all...Smile that would be easier then deciding which you like better!
0 Replies

Radical Edward

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 06:19 pm
I prefer the NGC, because, well, I just can not play to the X-Box (the pad is... just... yerk!), and I don't like the exclusive PS2 game (Cars, Sport, cars, sport, cars, sport... a bit borring...)
I also graphicly prefer the Game Cube (just because it's more lightful, more "round"), and love the games (Geyond Good and Evil, Rayman 3, Mario Party, Donkey Konga, Zelda, the Wind Waker, Eternal darkness, etc...)
Concerning Halo2... Well (please don't hurt me), but I simply don't like it (prefer Metroid :Samus Aran is sexier when wearing metal! :wink: ) (Sorry! Embarrassed )
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 07:49 pm
i like my psone for two reasons, FF VII, and FF Tactics

i like my PS2 for a number of reasons, it had the best version of need for speed: hot pursuit 2, it has some great franchise games, (ratchet and clank, jak and daxter) and it's my other dvd player

i like my XBOX because it's my other dvd player, plus the ability to use custom soundtracks in some games is a nice bonus (gta 3 and vice city for example)

i like my GC for much the same reasons stated by radical edward, good franchise games, a fun kinda console

i like my n64 for two reasons, perfect dark (please make a sequel) and doom 64

my gba sp is basically a lunch time diversion, doom and doom 2 to while away the dinner break
0 Replies

phenom

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:29 pm
Xbox is definitely my fav, playing your own soundtracks and saving straight to the console is just the way to go, but Halo 2 was disappointingly short and I don't believe it lived up to what it should. But they'll have another shot with number 3. And I never had any problems with the controller. My girlfriend hates it but what's the prob? Is it too big or do ya just have small hands?

And I also grew up on Nintendo and have a soft spot for GC and it's traditional games (Mario, Metroid, Zelda, even tho it's childishly weird)

And while PS2 does have some good games I don't think there are enough. Just like PSX, huge amount of games but most were just shite.

N64 was a classic. I mean c'mon... Killer Instinct, Zelda, Goldeneye!
Back in the day Goldeneye was THE game!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
every Nintendo console has been a classic except Virtua Boy (we'll have to see how GC and DS stand up to the test of time).

But DK64 really was a disapointment of a game.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:43 pm
My roomate has Xbox, and I have PS2.

I like Xbox because the graphics are a tiny bit better, and you can save right to the system. And Halo is a great game.

PS2: Grand Theft Auto(although now out for Xbox except San Andreas).

Never played Gamecube, no interest.
0 Replies

phenom

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 06:08 pm
Yep my bad DKC was on SNES Rolling Eyes

Made my edit. And yeah DK64 did fair suck. I hated the game where the expansion pack was compulsory. Coz if ya had tight ass parents like mine they were just outta the question. I had to beg my mates to borrow theirs for a cuppla days Embarrassed
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:14 pm
I have little to add, but I think Halo is the worst creation ever. 8 guys sittings in a room playing pretend by shooting each other. The annoying part is that they feel tough when they kill other people and the attitude carries over to the real world. Listen junior, that doesn't make you tough, come talk to me when you do the real thing.
0 Replies

Anthronaut

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:03 pm
When games are released for all 3 systems i usually purchase Xbox games because of Xbox Live.

Sony has the best line up of games and Gamecube has some of the coolest games you'll find anywhere. Legend of Zelda:Wind Waker is a good example of that.

But overall, I give my vote to Xbox, but i imagine PS3 will be amazing.
0 Replies

mc awsome

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 04:13 am
xbox 2
o ps3 will be amazing and the xbox 2 wont like

xbox 2 will be awsome it will change gaming around the world.

hey and is resident evil any good im thinking about getting it
0 Replies