Weight Gain and Nutrition Questions =)

UWS

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 03:39 pm
Seeing as the old Fitness Links and Tips thread disappeared, and my questions were left hanging, I thought I'd put them back in here and carry on from where I left off.

I'm 16, 5'7" and 130 pounds....my vertical growth has slowed considerably, so I'm only expecting to gain a few more inches in the coming years. I play football (QB, HB, and CB, if that's any help). And yes, I am aware that I will fill out a bit during the next few years, but I want to help that along a bit Very Happy Essentially I need to gain more pounds, but I want to do this without sacrificing (or perhaps enhancing) my current levels of speed, flexibility, agility and stamina (I'm also a short and middle distance runner). My body type is somewhere between ecto and mesomorph, leaning towards mesomorph perhaps. I also have a fast metabolism (I'll go into eating habits later). I really need to get some kind of workout routine that I can do at home, preferably without the use of weights, that will help me with my aforementioned aims. I do have a (somewhat unstable) barbell I can use if necessary, and I might have access to weights once a week, but I'd prefer a routine that does not rely on weights.

Current diet: I don't really pay a lot of attention to what I eat, but I do eat a lot, but given my fast metabolism, don't seem to gain any weight as a direct result of my eating. I usually get at least four decent meals in per day (7am, 12noon, 4pm, 7pm): all except perhaps 7am include meat, 2 veg, and bread (dinner often includes pasta or rice, though only perhaps 3 times a week). I go through at least one loaf of bread a day, usually white, though I do have a penchant for that honey grain bread Razz . I tend to snack on meats, nut, raisins, bread, or whatever else is in the cupboard...oddly enough, sweets don't feature in my diet....

Current Exercise: Not particularly well planned or thought out. In the afternoon, each day I do: 10 push-ups, then 14 of those knee to elbow crunches, 5 pull-ups, and then repeat this until I can't be bothered continuing (5-8 times maybe, I'm not quite sure). Every couple of days I also get up at 5'ish, down 5 or so slices of bread and go running for half an hour to an hour.

If I think of anything else I'll post it here, but in the meantime, any advice would be much appreciated Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 632 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 04:09 pm
Re: Weight Gain and Nutrition Questions =)
Quote:
the old Fitness Links and Tips thread disappeared, and my questions were left hanging

(they haven't disappeared, UWS... here they are)
0 Replies

UWS

Reply Tue 14 Dec, 2004 05:08 pm
Mmmmmmm, well, my eyes are totally blind to them:

Hamster 157890980 reports - The topic or post you requested does not exist or has been moved to a restricted area.
0 Replies

mgrimm01

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 01:33 pm
UWS- Try Heavyweight 900 weight gainer. IT taste great and works! Also how old are you? Age plays a big part in weight gain Smile
0 Replies