Teenagers are invincible.

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:57 pm
You know, I think you might be right, A. Nonny Mouse! Very Happy We're judging the majority on the basis of a small, irresponsible minority!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:37 pm
msolga--

Ninety percent of the time a teenager clearing the dinner table is going to have to be reminded to make two trips.
0 Replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:43 pm
Noddy24 --

Maybe if you have teens, they have to be reminded twice, but if I'm asked to clear the table, I am reminded to finish by the plates still on the table . . .plus there's the fact I can't finish the kitchen and put the dishes in the dishwasher if I haven't finished.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 12:59 pm
A. Nonny. Mouse--

I have considerable experience with teenaged boys--all of whom acquired some domestic survival skills before they left my roof.

Carrying eight glasses at once--without a tray--is asking for disaster.

Balancing the tray of glasses on the head, whether or not you have one hand free for catching the tray, is asking for disaster.

Whacking the half-full dirty glasses with a knife in an attempt to demonstrate atonal-chimes is asking for disaster.
0 Replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:07 pm
Noddy 24 --

All I can is that your teens must be different than me. If I don't get my chores done, and if I for instance, balanced a tray glasses on my head, or whacked them with a knife, I would probably have a priviledge taken away from me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 01:57 pm
Boys and girls are different. Introverts and extroverts are different. Levels of common sense vary widely in individuals of all ages.

Still, joie de vivre is potent--particularly in the spring when sap is rising.

A. Nonny Mouse--

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

A Nonny Mouse

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 06:31 pm
Heh. thanks.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 08:59 pm
I like a mose that can look after itself! Laughing
0 Replies

xiorn

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 01:37 pm
Re: Teenagers are invincible.
CarbonSystem wrote:
There is a preconcieved notion that teenagers are under the impression that they are invincible. Is this true? If so, why do they feel that way?

anyone who thinks this should see the movie "not another teen movie" its also a great movie Very Happy
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
I do recall pouring copious amounts of drugs and chemicals into my body with the distinct impression that I was invincible.
Now the thought of such recklessness gives me anxiety, shortness of breath and deep feelings of regret.

Physically however, I do recall recovering from various motocross/mountin bike accidents without much problem...which today take weeks or even months.

I think experience is the most humbling teacher I have encountered.
0 Replies