Unemployment Denial

Fri 18 Aug, 2017 07:59 am
Denied for Misconduct. First for missing 3 days of work then Denied for being late.

I lost my job back in June for Missing 3 days of work without an doctor's excuse. I arrived at work on June 2nd after being off of work from May 24th till June 1st. I was an hour late because my usual ride (who's made me late on multiple occasions) wouldn't return my calls for a ride. I notified my boss before work that I may be late because I was having problems finding transportation. Finally when I arrived at work after 6. More than an hour after my shift started My Foreman told me I needed to speak to the Supervisor. I was asked why I was late to work. I told him I couldn't get ahold of my ride an employee of the company.

He asked why I did not return to work on the 31st of may since the doctor's note I turned in on the 30th of may said I would be able to return to work on that day. I told him that I did not feel well enough to return to work but I had a doctor's note that excused me for that day and for June 1st. He asked to see it but I told him I didn't ha e it on me cause it was still at the doctor's office. I did not have time to pick up my doctor's slip I barely was able to find a ride to work. He also asked why I didn't have a slip for the 23rd of may. I told him I didn't need one because I was at work. He said not according to his records and discharged me for missing 3 days from work without an excuse. I told him I could bring my doctor's note in Monday and also pro e I was at work on the 23rd but he refused and discharged me anyway.
I filed unemployment and had to have an interview for being terminated for Misconduct. Due to several different circumstances I was denied my unemployment for not proving I had an excused absence from work by my doctor. So I appealed again. This time I provided evidence that my absence was excused by my doctor on the 2nd of June and time slip showing I worked almost 21 hours the week proceeding which Pepsi claimed I only worked that Monday.

Pepsi had 3 people for the hearing none of which was my supervisor that fired me. The HR manager stated that she and my supervisor and a third person fired me at a meeting held on the 30th before work. Then she said the 31st,a meeting for which I was almost three hours late, going into detail of what took place at this meeting. When the judge reminded her I was not at work on that day she changed the date 2 more times before setting on the 2nd of June. She went on to tell several more lies.

After my testimony and proving that I had a doctor's note and that I was present on the 23rd of may I asked the HR manager about this "meeting" we had. She changed her story again claiming she wasn't at the meeting because I didn't show up to work on time.

I received my second decision in the mail 3 days later stating that although I provided proof of having a doctor's note for the day's I missed my benefits are still denied because I was LATE to work!!!! That it was FULLY in my control to get to work on Time and failed to do so.
Can the judge deny my benefits for a reason different from the first hearing? Different also from the reason I was fired in the first place? I have also appealed to the Board of review but I need some feedback on this.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,689 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

centrox

Fri 18 Aug, 2017 08:09 am
...and your point is?
0 Replies

emmett grogan

Sat 19 Aug, 2017 12:42 pm
@twhite87,
Keep appealing. You will win. Number four should be the one.
0 Replies