Help with Craigslist Email Question

JChrisA

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 07:54 am
If you choose the Craigslist email option where Craigslist acts as the intermediary (hiding both actual email addresses) when you post something; then if someone answers the ad and the seller replies, can the seller include a link or url to a website in the reply to the buyer, or does Craigslist strip that out or not allow the email to go through? Thanks in advance! Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,550 • Replies: 3
No top replies

centrox

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 08:13 am
@JChrisA,
JChrisA wrote:
can the seller include a link or url to a website in the reply to the buyer

Why would they do that?
JChrisA

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 12:35 pm
@centrox,
When you asked why they would do that, I take it you are asking why they would remove a url or link from a reply message...well, craigslist like most other sites would prefer to keep everyone on craigslist pages rather than having users always leaving to go to other sites.

However, the seller simply wants a transaction (regardless of what they are offering). For sellers who have websites, it is an advantage then to move the potential customer to their site and away from craigslist where there is competition and distraction.

So, do sellers have the option of sending URL links in their replies if using the craigslist messaging system? Smile
centrox

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2017 12:58 pm
@JChrisA,
JChrisA wrote:
When you asked why they would do that, I take it you are asking why they would remove a url or link from a reply message

No, I meant why would seller include a link or url to a website in the reply to the buyer?
0 Replies