THE CLEF CHIN

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 07:48 pm
IF A CHILD HAS A CLEF CHIN AND NEITHER PARENT DOES, DOES IT MEAN THAT ONE OF THEM IS NOT THE TRUE PARENT?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 11,792 • Replies: 6
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 08:00 pm
No. And I think it's "cleft", not "clef".
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:00 pm
I have a dimple in my chin, neither of my parents has such a mark, nor any of my siblings.
I'm the lucky one, I guess.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:04 pm
I have dimples in my cheeks which I passed on to only one of my sons. Neither of my parents had dimples.

Mr. Noddy has a dimple in his chin which was not inherited by any of his sons. His parents did not have dimples.

Dimple in the chin, pushed by devils within.
Dimple in the cheek, quiet and meek.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 09:13 pm
My mother used to always say...You could never trust a person with a dimple in their chin. I had a tough childhood.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 01:15 am
My paternal grandfather was left handed, so was my dad, so is my son and so is my daughter.

I'm right handed, odd isn't it?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 01:44 am
Re: THE CLEF CHIN
JUSTLUCKYUS wrote:
IF A CHILD HAS A CLEF CHIN AND NEITHER PARENT DOES, DOES IT MEAN THAT ONE OF THEM IS NOT THE TRUE PARENT?

Absolutely, positively NOT!! And if anyone tries to tell you any different, tell them to go suck.....something!. Some traits, like dimples and a cleft chin are inherited characteristics but just as often they are not depending on the dominance of the genes. That's like someone saying to me, "gee, your ex has blue eyes, you have blue eyes, your son has blue eyes, but your daughter's eyes are hazel. She can't be yours!" See the point?

My dad has a cleft chin....in a very sweet anecdote, my grandmother always used to tell him that that is where the angel poked him to see if he was finished. Smile
0 Replies