Narnia movie

Ray

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:09 am
They're making Narnia movies... Will it be any good?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,019 • Replies: 16
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:17 am
this makes me think of " the lion, the witch and the wardrobe."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:22 am
I heard about this. Unfortunately, I thought it was already finished and I went to rent it. I got a horrendous 1989 (maybe?) production which I could barely suffer through the first hour.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:27 am
what is narnia?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:30 am
You had it right. Narnia is the other land in the lion/witch/wardrobe series.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:34 am
that is what I thought.

I loved that book as a kid.. Im not sure I would now? I remember the cartoon.. it wasnt that impressive to me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
Right, we loved the books as kids, my mother thought they sucked. The cartoon was a disappointment, the movie was, as Isaid, horrendous. I hope this new one works!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 11:36 am
I think I know that one, littlek -- a cartoon version? Pretty awful. Too bad, the books are great.

Imdb says it is still in production, due out next year. Besides several young actors and actresses, the "Vicar of Dibley" (Dawn French) is in it and the woman who played "Orlando" (Tilda Swinton). It could be quite good.

I love this bit of trivia:
Quote:
The makers asked for permission to bring in 12 reindeer to New Zealand to pull the Ice Queen's sled. The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry denied, citing the potentially deadly "Q fever" reindeer population in the US suffers as the reason. However, 8 wolves were allowed in for filming in Auckland.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:14 pm
Hey! WE have damned deer!

They coulda used ours!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 12:26 pm
Yeah, well hopefully it will be good. They're making more movies adapted from books. That new movie with Jim Carrey in it looks horrible. Anyways Narnia could potentially be better than the Lord of the Rings movies. I didn't really like the Lord of the Rings movies, it seemed too melodramatic. The book is better.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 12:43 pm
LOTR -- too violent for me. Hopefully Narnia won't be.

Dlowan, you have deer? Are they sleigh-pulling reindeer?

http://www.santatrips.com/graphics/first-choice/reindeer-sleigh.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 04:52 pm
Oh - no we have imported smaller deer.

You'd need more of them - sorta like Lady Whatshername's carriage pulled by many, many, cats - in The Chronicles of Gormenghast....
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2004 06:05 pm
dlowan wrote:
Oh - no we have imported smaller deer.....

In a bottle ??? Shocked

Laughing
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 02:14 pm
A preview of the movie is up, at least it shows the making of the movie and some short clips. http://www.quicktime.com/

This movie can be bigger than LoR.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2004 08:37 pm
I'm trying to watch it... looks like a great website, btw... but it must be having a lot of traffic. I can't get the download to work.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:24 pm
Direct link: http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/the_chronicles_of_narnia.html
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 04:29 pm
I hope they do it well like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and some of the recent Jane Austen stuff. I loved those books as a child.
0 Replies