"Saw" the movie!

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2004 02:59 am
I recently saw(no pun intended) this movie and was positively surprised. It was my favourite film of the year. I was shocked though to read the reviews about it, and generally most of them were bad. I would be interested in other peoples thoughts who saw this movie.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,335 • Replies: 11
No top replies

benconservato

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2004 05:28 am
there is a mention about saw in "Movie Chat" - I recall. Perhaps you should have a quick look there?
I personally haven't seen it.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17761&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=330
0 Replies

wesS

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:53 pm
i thought that movie was the best yet it was great
0 Replies

abe froman

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:43 pm
holy cow yes that movie was great. I had just purchased surround sound and wow it was unbelievable and the concept of why the victims are chosen is so wxcellent. Live life happily and love what you have or else. IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT, RUN, DONT WALK, AND GET THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 04:41 pm
i literally just watched this and i'm thoroughly freaked out by it. Reminds me of Seven...anyone else see the similarities?????
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 05:10 pm
Rented the movie not too long ago. Yes, Nancy, I saw the similarities. Weird. It's always good to let folks see a brief summary:

Obsessed with teaching his victims the value of life, a deranged, sadistic serial killer is abducting morally wayward people and forcing them to play horrific games for their own survival. Faced with impossible choices, each victim must struggle to win back his/her life, or else die trying...

The shocker was that the dead body in the odd room was NOT a dead body.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:01 pm
Letty wrote:
The shocker was that the dead body in the odd room was NOT a dead body.

Any point in seeing it knowing this?
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 06:14 pm
Not really. That's a rather major spoiler.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 11:28 am
Sorry, Adrian and Brandon. It really does NOT spoil the movie at all. I simply assumed that this thread was for those who had seen it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:55 pm
Letty wrote:
Sorry, Adrian and Brandon. It really does NOT spoil the movie at all. I simply assumed that this thread was for those who had seen it.

Okay, well, if everyone liked it so much, I will probably try to catch it somewhere.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 04:02 pm
At first I thought it was mediocre.

The guy who played the doctor couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

Then, looking at the extra's they put on the disk, I learned they made the movie in just a few weeks (days? I can't remember exactly)

Considering that and the small budget - I'd give it an "A" for effort.

I actually watched it a second time, just to listen to where those Brits messed up on their American accents.
Surprisingly, very few times.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:00 am
Strangely enough I was listening to a radio discussion about this film today. Here's some info

http://www.webwombat.com.au/entertainment/movies/saw-int.htm
0 Replies