[answered]e-mail alerts stopped

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 03:53 am
For the past couple of days I've been getting no notifications that any threads I'm watching have new posts. Zip. Zilch. None. No messages at all from A2K. I auto login, click on my posts and find that a number of new responses have been posted. And, in bottom right hand corner, it still says 'turn off e-mail responses' which means they are turned ON. Is this just me or anybody else having this prob?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,392 • Replies: 17
No top replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
Just a shot in the dark. I had this problem about a month ago. What had happened was that when intending to "delete" an A2K e-mail I accidently added A2K to my "block junk" list. The boxes are adjacent on my e-mail bar.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:10 pm
I checked and they are being sent out correctly. So it's likely on your end (or your mail providers).
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
Craven..
The number of your posts has gone beyond the border of ten thousand. You should, I think, be entitled to more honored title other than "Veteran Member."
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:28 pm
I was not alerted about the posts on this thread today. The only thread on which I did get an update was the one in the Film forum that I had started myself, "Gene Kelly, Actor." So it can't be that a spam filter is working overtime. My ISP is AOL. I still don't understand what's going on.

It's not a major calamity. It's just irritating .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:43 pm
Mine are working. MA - if that info is useful....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:52 pm
Glad to hear that, Deb. Now, don't feel slighted or insulted if you say something to me on another thread and I don't respond for days. It'll mean I just haven't seen it yet because nobody told me such posts had been posted. Bummer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
Oh dear!!!

You DO go to new posts when you come in, right?
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:01 pm
"Your Posts" at the upper left corner of the page.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:01 pm
Yeah, I go to "Your Posts" and then, usually, "New Posts." Still time-consuming, though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:04 pm
Interesting how we see things - I almost never use the updates - I pop in and go to new posts, then your posts - peoples is diffrent!

I wish that damned debacle would come here - I miss him - speaking of things in general.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2004 06:28 pm
I had to discontinue my alerts...it was clogging up my mail center.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 08:18 am
This is weird. All of a sudden I've started getting update notices on just one thread -- the Summer of Love-Hippy Thread. No others. This is weird.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2004 02:13 pm
!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 08:57 pm
Yesterday got ane-mail alert that there's a PM for me. But that's all, folks.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 13 Dec, 2004 09:23 pm
MA, that usually means that someone deleted the email before you had a chance to read it.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:54 pm
Sorry, mac, didn't see your post until just today (I wasn't getting alerts, remember?). No, I got the PM all right. What I'm saying is, I got alerted to that, but to no other posts.

And, now, lo! and behold. Starting this evening some e-mail alerts are back all of a sudden. I think those hamsters have a sadistic sense of humor, is all. But why pick on me?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2005 09:59 pm
It's not on this end M.A. it's on your ISP's end, and since you pay them (likely) you can demand not to be picked on and suchlike.
0 Replies