can anyone identify this quote

djjd62

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 05:23 pm
i don't know where it's from, a movie maybe

it's at the end of a hip hop mashup thing called "a night at the hip hopera"

"i see all this pontential, and then i see you squander it , goddamn it, an entire generation pumping gas and waiting tables, slaves with white collars, advertising (something) it's tatse in cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need, we're the middle children of history man, no purpose, no place, we have no great war, no great depression, our great war is a spiritual war, our great depression is our lives, we've all been raised on television, to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars, but we won't, we're slowly learning that fact, and we're very very pissed off"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,654 • Replies: 4
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 05:24 pm
Maybe Fight Club? I think Tyler Durden says something a lot like that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 05:27 pm
Yup, I was right. Here's the full quote.

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 05:30 pm
Kicky is correct.

Can't remember the exact scene though, it's been a few years since I've seen it.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 6 Dec, 2004 05:49 pm
thanks kicky
0 Replies